Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
'Weren't' not 'wasn't'. You can check by eliminating passive voice and making an affirmative statement, "the police were supposed to announce charges today" but not "the police was supposed to announce charges today." You really don't want to sound like that congressperson from JAX. ARRGGH. I am so tired of this thread I am becoming a grammar policeman. Get the mess over with; boot the criminals and make the easily led pay restitution. After that the LEO community can do their worst.

Thanks for the grammar lesson, good guess on where it sounds like I'm from, 30 miles west of Jax in Baker Co. Regardless of what incorrect grammar I used, I was just looking for some new info.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Didnt know you spoke in tongues.
giphy.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The University of Florida, seat of higher learning, handed these teenagers the first credit card they have ever had in their hands (legitimately), did not train them on the consequences of abuse of the card, and let 'em fly. Here's an idea UF:
DON'T GIVE THE KIDS CREDIT CARDS.

How do you know? I actually would guess that for student athletes they do a pretty good job explaining how to use the cards and what is right vs. wrong. I don't think this is a case of kids making a mistake. This is a case of kids choosing to defraud the university and they thought they could get away with it.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
How do you know? I actually would guess that for student athletes they do a pretty good job explaining how to use the cards and what is right vs. wrong. I don't think this is a case of kids making a mistake. This is a case of kids choosing to defraud the university and they thought they could get away with it.

Winning

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

It occurs to me we can blame LDR. This fraud was preceded by LDR loudly making the case the University takes advantage of student-athletes and should pay the athletes. Most people who steal need to justify their actions. If the students believed the University was taking advantage of them it made it easier to take back what they believed was rightfully theirs. Does this excuse their actions? Not at all. I say expel them all. We need to send a message to the recruits that we are neither SCUM nor Nulls and criminal behavior will not be tolerated.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
'Weren't' not 'wasn't'. You can check by eliminating passive voice and making an affirmative statement, "the police were supposed to announce charges today" but not "the police was supposed to announce charges today." You really don't want to sound like that congressperson from JAX. ARRGGH. I am so tired of this thread I am becoming a grammar policeman. Get the mess over with; boot the criminals and make the easily led pay restitution. After that the LEO community can do their worst.

This weren't really necessary were it?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No additional information yet, I thought it was going to be sent over by Friday.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It occurs to me we can blame LDR. This fraud was preceded by LDR loudly making the case the University takes advantage of student-athletes and should pay the athletes. Most people who steal need to justify their actions. If the students believed the University was taking advantage of them it made it easier to take back what they believed was rightfully theirs. Does this excuse their actions? Not at all. I say expel them all. We need to send a message to the recruits that we are neither SCUM nor Nulls and criminal behavior will not be tolerated.

I wish when I was 18 the University of Florida would have taken advantage of me; by offering me a free ride and the chance to be UF football player! Instead this middle class kid was saddled with student loans...

But yes, I'm in favor of blaming spoiled, entitled LDR for anything twitter related. What a twitter twat...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard it was nothing, just a minor "rules violation" and the players would certainly be back the next week after Meetchikin.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

And I'll pose your same question: How do you know? "I would guess"... well, they either weren't trained to a level to prevent this abuse by the University or were so thuggish that they ignored it all and took a HUGE risk on being kicked out of the program. By training, I mean TRAINING. Not an OBTW statement or maybe not even that. A LOT of our kids did it. Nobody was afraid of the consequences. They clearly did not have the fear of God in them when getting those CCs or this never would have happened.

Understand where I'm coming from?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And I'll pose your same question: How do you know? "I would guess"... well, they either weren't trained to a level to prevent this abuse by the University or were so thuggish that they ignored it all and took a HUGE risk on being kicked out of the program. By training, I mean TRAINING. Not an OBTW statement or maybe not even that. A LOT of our kids did it. Nobody was afraid of the consequences. They clearly did not have the fear of God in them when getting those CCs or this never would have happened.

Understand where I'm coming from?

Here is the thing. You don’t have to train them to not steal. That should be understood. There isn’t enough training for that... those kids choose to steal! This wasn’t a mistake. They didn’t accidentally commit fraud. They knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong!

It is the kids fault

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
With the emergence of Davis, getting less worried about the thought of Skarlet not coming back, although if he's allowed back on team, I'll be fine with that too. Hopefully Davis can stay healthy and be the featured back going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.