Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. I'd love to check out the case you're referring to if you're inclined to provide the dedendants' names or case #. With my situation, I heard it directly from the mouth of a lead CC/identity theft investigator with the Secret Service here in Atlanta.
Lol. I dont get my info from a duty agent on a public line.

BTW, dont waste your time with USSS, they are about 4000 agents short and with all the left wing lunatics making threats they dont do financial cases anymore. Either FBI or HSI are much more likely to take your case.

Maybe I will get a case number later.

Im not really disagreeing that it is unlikely, just that easy and high profile are things they dig.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Lol. Im pretty sure I have more direct fed connections than you skippy.

That's great but it doesn't change what I've said. If you want to share the info about the case you referenced I'd bet we would see that it wasn't a simple case of some guys that obtained a few CC numbers that they used to buy $2,000 or so of merchandise at the local electronics shop. There has to be more to it (I.e.- the kids had prior arrests for similar crimes, they were the individuals hacking the networks to get the info, they were embossing their own credit cards with matching drivers license, the amounts involved were significantly more than a couple grand per person, etc.). Give us the full backstory...it's most likely very different than the Gator situation. The DA already stated this is a garden variety CC fraud case. BTW, where are the Feds with the players' case? I haven't heard boo from them and doubt we will unless something more sinister (like the examples I gave above) turns up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. Im pretty sure I have more direct fed connections than you skippy. Dont waste your time with USSS, they are about 4000 agents short and with all the left wing lunatics makingnthreats they dont do cases anymore.

Im not really disgreeing that it is unlikely, just that easy and high profile are things they dig.

I think Swonky is right. It is very likely that this thing moves higher up the FBI-chain and they say "Hey,look what a publicized warning shot this would fire at all those other pesky cc fraud rat-nibblers who think they can get away with it."

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Lol. Im pretty sure I have more direct fed connections than you, skippy. Dont waste your time with USSS, they are about 4000 agents short and with all the left wing lunatics making threats they dont do financial cases anymore. Either FBI or HSI are much more likely to take your case.

Im not really disgreeing that it is unlikely, just that easy and high profile are things they dig.

I think Swonky is right. It is very likely that this thing moves higher up the FBI-chain and they say "Hey,look what a publicized warning shot this would fire at all those other pesky cc fraud rat-nibblers who think they can get away with it."

Okay Rog, if you & Swonky want to do a sig bet, we can. We'll know soon enough if the Feds get involved and charge the players in Federal Court. While not impossible, I think it's highly unlikely based on what I've seen so far.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's great but it doesn't change what I've said. If you want to share the info about the case you referenced I'd bet we would see that it wasn't a simple case of some guys that obtained a few CC numbers that they used to buy $2,000 or so of merchandise at the local electronics shop. .
Nah just roadkill, kids with cards. I will pm you with it today or Mon if you are interested. You have pacer?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Lol. Im pretty sure I have more direct fed connections than you, skippy. Dont waste your time with USSS, they are about 4000 agents short and with all the left wing lunatics making threats they dont do financial cases anymore. Either FBI or HSI are much more likely to take your case.

My case was 5-6 years ago, long before the left wing loonies and long before the recent rumblings we've heard about the SS being short staffed. I'm not disagreeing with your position about the high profile cases being appealing to them, that's certainly true. I just don't see enough here with the UF players to entice them. We'll find out in due time.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okay Rog, if you & Swonky want to do a sig bet, we can. We'll know soon enough if the Feds get involved and charge the players in Federal Court. While not impossible, I think it's highly unlikely based on what I've seen so far.

Do we have to get that "showdown" about your & our "early-on" casual opinion on this embarrassment?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are going to be back Monday after the Meatchikin game. I heard it loud and often.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What's the latest gossip?
giphy.gif

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Does it really matter at this point?

I wrote Callaway off last year since he couldn't stay away from the bud (plus he couldn't field a G-D punt) and I'd take Malik any day over Scarlett.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Big picture: The CC fraud investigation is dragging along. The staff is planning as if none of them will play this season. I was told that at a minimum 4 of the guys will never play at UF again. It could rise to 5 and then you have the chance that some of the ones who could come back next year will transfer in an effort to get a clean start. As of today I predict 4 gone, 3 will be ok and 2 up in the air. None will play this year and consider this, after the legal process, any player not dismissed will have to go through the Student Code of Conduct hearing. Certainly things could change but that's my prediction based on everything I know about the situation.

Yeah – that sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.