Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
"I don't care if you lose to Alabama. It's a disaster." Absolutely. That mentality leads to urgency of resolving issues to avoid a disaster.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
The #1 reason I got out of coaching football and competing in martial art tournaments. The risk of losing far outweighs the joy of winning. I don't even enjoy winning really, but losing kills my soul.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"... Losing is a disaster! And if you don't attack it like that, yeah, I don't necessarily agree with that."

Sounds like he might be taking a little shot at Billy.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
"... Losing is a disaster! And if you don't attack it like that, yeah, I don't necessarily agree with that."

Sounds like he might be taking a little shot at Billy.
Donk has said on the Twitter machine, and I agree with him, it's amazing that there have been people like Spurrier, Meyer, and even some Shane, that have been allowed to say things that aren't positive about this staff. If you think Buddy Martin didn't have a clue what Meyer's thoughts were before this response, I have oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. Even Spurrier wasn't really taking too many pot shots at Mullen. Just an interesting observation.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The #1 reason I got out of coaching football and competing in martial art tournaments. The risk of losing far outweighs the joy of winning. I don't even enjoy winning really, but losing kills my soul.
You sir sound like someone who finished in 2nd a lot :grin:

jk...it's a grind for sure, everyone walks away at some point.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Donk has said on the Twitter machine, and I agree with him, it's amazing that there have been people like Spurrier, Meyer, and even some Shane, that have been allowed to say things that aren't positive about this staff. If you think Buddy Martin didn't have a clue what Meyer's thoughts were before this response, I have oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. Even Spurrier wasn't really taking too many pot shots at Mullen. Just an interesting observation.

Spurrier and Meyer were both emotional, fiery coaches that really resonated with the fanbase.

Not just that they won on the field, on the recruiting trails, and in rivalry games...but that they "got it." A loss was as devastating to both of them as it was to us (for different reasons, but the emotion was the same).

With Napier, he doesn't give nearly the same emotion...and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it also makes it hard to connect with him, especially as losses build up. Even guys like Saban, Smart, and Dabo show emotion out there. Napier would do himself a lot of good by being more visibly frustrated when things aren't going well instead of pretending like it's all part of some plan.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think you should’ve continued doing martial arts tournaments. You were the best around.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Napier would do himself a lot of good by being more visibly frustrated when things aren't going well instead of pretending like it's all part of some plan.
Eh, it might make him more tolerable to the fans but it wouldn't change anything. You either have "it" or you don't. Meyer and Spurrier did. If being emotional would make things better then we would have won a god dang super bowl with will mustsuck :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.