Urban Meyer on the Kentucky loss

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
There's a massive difference between showing the players and fans you're emotionally invested in the game & want the win (Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, etc.) and just uncontrolled anger (Muschump). And then there's the complete 180 in Napier who doesn't look like he's all that bothered one way or the other, no matter what's going on.

I agree, you either have "it" as a coach or you don't; which makes it all the more puzzling that a guy who's so analytical is missing such a big part about the college game.

You've had two posts in this thread with which I agree, but I am only going to like one of them and am seriously giving you a drunk rating on the other.

I would just hate to see you get spoiled.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You mean this guy? He was a fag.

Ralph Macchio is one of the great 20th century actors and his character Daniel was a near perfect depiction of a fish out of water who gets the girl in the end. Should he have been a little more concerned and less oblivious to the fact that when she walked away at Golf’n’Stuff he found her watching dozens of shirtless, bathing suit clad men coming down the slide? Probably. Would explain her hit-it-quit-it mindset that caused her to drop him so fast. But keep in mind that in addition to trying to pick up the girl, he was having to keep an entire dojo—one of whom was romantically connected to her—from pummeling him at random locations. Not to mention dealing with her pigheaded brunette friend who was just an absolute b*** throughout(there was no call for that attitude, and she wasn’t even pretty). Kid had a lot on his plate and I think, all things considered, handled it pretty well.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
He's not analytical. That's a talking point. The proof is in how disastrous we are in fundamentals and in key game situations. Analytics tell you that STs will win 1 or 2 games a year, so an analytical mind would find value and put real emphasis on that aspect of the game, or at least not be content to completely flop at it week after week... and yet...

Mostly basing that on all the coaching profiles about Napier from his Louisiana days and when he was announced as the hire that propped up how meticulous he is about every little thing--from adding in the extra half inch on player height to making sure the locker room has comfy pillows in the lounge areas.

I absolutely agree that there's ample evidence to question how accurate that talking point is when there's recurring issues from last season to this season that are pretty glaringly obvious and have relatively easy fixes...yet haven't been done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator