Founding Member
Shelton is playing right now

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He just won a third set tie-break. Up 2-1.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He just took the 4th set 6-2 for the match and advances to the semis to face Djokovic. Can he take down the Joker?
:chomp:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Huge Joker fan. Want him to win as many slams as possible. No way in hell I’m rooting for him over Shelton.

Also, he’s got a mixed doubles match this afternoon at 4pm.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Awesome to see him make it this far. Of course when I looked last night, the first tweet I saw was about it being the first time to black players met in the quarters of the U.S. Open. Why do have to do this? Let’s just watch tennis.

Also, on that note, as I said before the SB, at what point do we take a stand and start claiming some of these “50-50 balls” for our side? We’ve already lost Mahommes(and picked up Zimmerman). At the current rate in ten years there won’t be a single white player. :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Awesome to see him make it this far. Of course when I looked last night, the first tweet I saw was about it being the first time to black players met in the quarters of the U.S. Open. Why do have to do this? Let’s just watch tennis.

Also, on that note, as I said before the SB, at what point do we take a stand and start claiming some of these “50-50 balls” for our side? We’ve already lost Mahommes(and picked up Zimmerman). At the current rate in ten years there won’t be a single white player. :lol:
Stricklin made the trade for Zimmerman...

Last edited:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I like Ben's chances in the record US Open heat having trained and played at Florida (Through All Kinds of Weather & etc.). The Joker is one tough dude though.

Some players are complaining. Here's the Russian Daniil Medvedev:
1694114117854.png
I'm not sure who the "they" is in "they're gonna see". Does he want "them" to wait for a cold front to move through?
Maybe he should go to Ukraine and see how hot it is there on the front lines.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Sure am looking forward to following Ben’s career. Kid has that cannon that’s a game changer.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I always liked the tennis majors even though the game has changed tremendously and it is all pound it as hard as possible and very little net play. However the one thing that I noticed about the men this year is how many are wearing wife beaters. I mean it does not have to be all white like Wimbledon but gotta admit the wife beater look in a major tourney looks shytty. Almost like being at a mafioso picnic.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Just caught the end of the match. The unvaccinated prick was an a-hole, wasn't he.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Shelton was superb. Djokovich was just too seasoned and too good.
Ben showed his lack of big stage experience. He tried to force shots. He had twice as many forehand unforced errors in this match than he had in all his Open matches combined. Low hot shots into the net, trying to paint the back and sidelines—“Out!”
He did best in a competitive third set (tiebreaker) with sustained rallys looking for an opening or trying to catch Joker out of position. He’ll learn.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ben with his biggest win today... and a gentleman.

It’s a great look at the manners he was raised with and a nice feather in the cap of being raised in Gainesville(AR as well). Unfortunately, at the risk of sounding offensive, the hesitation, indecision and general confusion exhibited by the ball girl may also explain the number of auto acci…you know, nevermind, anyway good for Ben.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a great look at the manners he was raised with and a nice feather in the cap of being raised in Gainesville(AR as well). Unfortunately, at the risk of sounding offensive, the hesitation, indecision and general confusion exhibited by the ball girl may also explain the number of auto acci…you know, nevermind, anyway good for Ben.
Never Mind Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator