UT fans talking about storming the field in the Swamp

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't think of a worse insult than to have a bunch of creamsicled twig-chewers storming the sacred, hallowed grounds of the Swamp. Those bozos are actually seriously discussing this on their boards and in their threads. UT's beat writer for the paper of record in Tennessee, John Adams, even makes light of this.

I hope this news gets to our players and coaches, especially as they are talking of their desire to get the Swamp back to Spurrier/Meyer glory.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/f...ida-goal-posts

Attachments

• conv_4609.jpg
    conv_4609.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 25

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure our fans will have none of it. Expect fights if that were to happen. That said, they have to actually win for that to occur. :lol2:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What is it with the UT fan fixation on storming the field? They talk about this every year, but this is the first time I recall it being discussed with regard to the Swamp.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First off, show some class and act like you've won before. Pathetic.

Second off, I agree with URG... it will get ugly in the stands if they pull that stunt. I remember (the 97?) FSU game where we wanted to storm the swamp. They brought in like 2000 cops to line the field... against our OWN fans. A couple of braves souls attempted it, and quickly regretted that decision.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although it would be hilarious to see about a dozen of Gainesville Police's finest k9 unit teams absolutely chew the hell out of a bunch of hillbillies.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n284636 said:
I can't think of a worse insult than to have a bunch of creamsicled twig-chewers storming the sacred, hallowed grounds of the Swamp. Those bozos are actually seriously discussing this on their boards and in their threads. UT's beat writer for the paper of record in Tennessee, John Adams, even makes light of this.

I hope this news gets to our players and coaches, especially as they are talking of their desire to get the Swamp back to Spurrier/Meyer glory.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/f...ida-goal-posts

I guess no one has told them that UPD and GPD are not your typical football game day law enforcement.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Looks like the guy on the left is about to give a detailed description of how to properly loosen the receiving end for an effective butt chug.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Some Gator fans stormed the field after a win in Tallahassee once in the early 80s I think. FSU turned on the sprinklers. I believe that's the last time Gators did it anywhere.

Dec 10, 2014
And this is probably the best evidence of why the vols will lose. It's a mental thing with them. They're putting the cart before the horse. Some may say the fans' attitudes don't reflect on the team. I think fan attitudes are a reflection of the atmosphere surrounding the team. Now they are favorites in the game. This is getting good.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing you can always count on. UT's "pre"-game talk about storming the field. Then they lose...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n284667 said:
Better get williston going on twitter :lol2:

Yup... somebody PM him. The twitter king will get it done.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n284661 said:
I guess no one has told them that UPD and GPD are not your typical football game day law enforcement.

They'll find out the hard way. Actually, no they won't, because we're going to beat the hell out of them.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n284664 said:
Some Gator fans stormed the field after a win in Tallahassee once in the early 80s I think. FSU turned on the sprinklers. I believe that's the last time Gators did it anywhere.
I was at that game. Bobby Hewko came in for Wayne Peace at qb after the half and scored. It had rained off and on all night and the crowd was already soaked. When the clock reached 0:00, several hundred Gator fans jumped the fence and poured onto the field. The announcer was going crazy directing people to get off the field or else. When they turned on the sprinklers, some guys ripped a sprinkler head out of the ground and it was blasting a stream of water straight up in the air. Then they directed their attention to one of the goal posts and ripped it out of the ground. They actually broke the goal post into pieces and probably 50 people paraded it around the track and tried to carry it out the gate where they were turned around by the police. That's when the TPD decided it had gotten out of hand and decided to fire a couple of gas cannisters and the crowd dispersed. It was like being in the middle of an all-white riot. I also remember someone printed and passed out a boatload of paper posters with the game score and all the way back to Jacksonville you passed cars with this poster pasted on their car windows announcing the victory.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n284679 said:
I was at that game. Bobby Hewko came in for Wayne Peace at qb after the half and scored. It had rained off and on all night and the crowd was already soaked. When the clock reached 0:00, several hundred Gator fans jumped the fence and poured onto the field. The announcer was going crazy directing people to get off the field or else. When they turned on the sprinklers, some guys ripped a sprinkler head out of the ground and it was blasting a stream of water straight up in the air. Then they directed their attention to one of the goal posts and ripped it out of the ground. They actually broke the goal post into pieces and probably 50 people paraded it around the track and tried to carry it out the gate where they were turned around by the police. That's when the TPD decided it had gotten out of hand and decided to fire a couple of gas cannisters and the crowd dispersed. It was like being in the middle of an all-white riot. I also remember someone printed and passed out a boatload of paper posters with the game score and all the way back to Jacksonville you passed cars with this poster pasted on their car windows announcing the victory.

That is a great story.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah ... whose gonna point them towards the field ? UT fans are directionally challenged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.