UT injuries mounting up

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Never want to see a kid get injured but I am glad its not one of our guys again.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
With the injuries and the police blotter, the outlook for UT keeps growing dimmer. In fact, combined with the players charged with rape at Vanderbilt, the whole state is pretty miserable right now. Combine that with, I think, the less than competent on the field coaching ability of Butch Jones, it's looking more and more like the return of UF to relevance is premature. Last year's loss to Florida is a coaching performance similar to Muschamp, and he got fired. Jones seat is going to get very hot if UT falters again this year, especially if they again lose to a Florida team that should bottom out this year, and should get better in the following years. The fans have been told constantly about this virtual avalanche of talent UT has stockpiled. I don't think they will be patient any longer if UT is again mediocre with a record that hovers around .500.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now that is some Snowflake if I ever saw it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

I hear a giant sucking sound coming out of Knoxville.

Attachments

• conv_4085.jpg
    conv_4085.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 23

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n260346 said:
With the injuries and the police blotter, the outlook for UT keeps growing dimmer. In fact, combined with the players charged with rape at Vanderbilt, the whole state is pretty miserable right now. Combine that with, I think, the less than competent on the field coaching ability of Butch Jones, it's looking more and more like the return of UF to relevance is premature. Last year's loss to Florida is a coaching performance similar to Muschamp, and he got fired. Jones seat is going to get very hot if UT falters again this year, especially if they again lose to a Florida team that should bottom out this year, and should get better in the following years. The fans have been told constantly about this virtual avalanche of talent UT has stockpiled. I don't think they will be patient any longer if UT is again mediocre with a record that hovers around .500.

You accidently put UF in there instead of UT. I wonder why that happened?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If true, that's their best o-lineman gone for the year followed by their best WR. That leaves them with whom at WR, Pig Howard? Von Pearson, the guy who torched UF last year for a whopping 1 catch for 6 yards? UF's secondary will lock-down UT's WR's regardless, but if North is out, this is even more lopsided in UF's favor.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
UT's OL becomes more questionable, and if they have lost their best WR then Dobbs may struggle for a passing game. That leaves us with their running game, and their RB isn't bad by a long shot. If thier OL can create enough of a gap to let him thru against our LBs, then things might get interesting. Especially if our defense starts throwing blitzes in from odd places that have significant effect in terms of blowing them up in the backfield or guessing wrong and letting them run for larger gains. I see two steps here - one, can their OL hold up at all against our DL; and two, how do we manage their run game (assuming a non-existent passing game based on our secondary). We should limit them to minimal yards, much less points, in the game.

To win, though, we need our Offense settled in by this fourth game - primarily with an OL that is healthy and cohesive (lets not be on our fourth starting lineup by then, please) and having settled on a QB and an offensive identity (knowing what we want to do, and how to do it, both passing and running). I have no clue to their returning defense or it's depth. I just know we are weak on OL and for now still open at the QB slot while JMac figures out what he can run with this roster.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n260432 said:
Jalen Turd ran for like 30 something yards against us last year :fear:

10 carries for 39 nondescript yards, and got blasted repeatedly by our defense. Fowler nearly took his head off on one play. They think Dobbs is their savior at QB, but as usual, they are way overplaying their hand.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Well now he has an excuse for his poor performance against VH3. Everyone wins

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see the kid will be back on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.