Vanderbilt pitcher drowns in lake

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
15 feet from shore? Something doesn't add up.

Probably a lot of alcohol involved.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
15 feet from shore? Something doesn't add up.

Probably a lot of alcohol involved.
He was trying to swim across the lake or something, got stuck. A friend tried to help him and couldn't. They thought he was joking around until he sank and never came back up.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So sad... very sorry to hear and see this.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ooooof! That's terrible.

I worked at Lake Wauburg when I was at UF......they had a drowning out there of a UF student a few years after I graduated.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To this day, I just don't understand not have your kids taught how to swim. Just mind boggling.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
RIP Donny Everett. Saddest condolences to family and friends.

Boaters nearby tried rescue, but failed ?? Aren't boats required by law to have life-vests on board ?
If so, that means there were 4 vests in that boat and 1 drowning man in the water ??

This type tragic event megaphones loudly the need for practiced calm self-rescue in swimming.
The first part of dealing with watersports must be how to not panic - keep calm control in that
threatening situation. Dad's,.. teach your novice swimmer child surprise-like swim-events. Make it
a game, reinforcing holding breath, staying under as long as can, and calmly surfacing. Cause them
to recognize how much total control they do have. Especially make sure your child realizes how he/she
can float safely for hours = the bigger you've inflated your lungs the higher "above" the water you stay.
Make sure you imbue them with the real experience of recognizing that when he/she exhales he/she
sinks, no panic, inhale quick enough to stay up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.