Venting Thread: Billy is proud of Kirby

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

We use to just throw those short crossing passes to Percy and watch him take off, so simple it seemed.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’m not happy with what I’m seeing on the field, but I was always going to give him a full season of anything before I started calling for his head. This is just way too premature, no matter how much more “intelligenter” you are.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No sir. He gushes over Kirby. He should, Kirby is pushing his **** in.

Well Kirby did help him get his big break in this business as an analyst at Bama and they are friends. Not sure why anyone is shocked by this. It’s a non issue

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Yeah, Kirby has been having stellar recruiting and has gotten his team to the top in the nation. If you can't look at that and say 'that is where we need to be' then what the hell are you really aiming for? You can respect someone (Kirby) and what they are doing, whether you like them or not.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, Kirby has been having stellar recruiting and has gotten his team to the top in the nation. If you can't look at that and say 'that is where we need to be' then what the hell are you really aiming for? You can respect someone (Kirby) and what they are doing, whether you like them or not.
Don't forget, UGA has been stacked with talent for years. Richt couldn't coach.

Kirby's situation was more like SOS after Zook.

Napier is more like Pell, starting with little to nothing.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Folks, there are few coaches that are also fierce alumni. We had SOS and the whole rest of the world thought he was an Asshat. And that's OK, he was but he was ours. A true Gator that understood Georgia hate, FSU loathing and Auburn deprecation. 'Cause he knew the story and history. When you hire a "coach" from the professional coaching tree(s), you get men who are attempting to follow the professional ethos. I know you want a coach who would run Kirby Smart over if he was walking on the side of the road and back up and do again, but those kind of guys aint there. Coaches admire each other, they are friends, their gigs are temp jobs; if successful they move on, if not they collect big bucks. PS. Steven Orr Spurrier is the greatest human being to ever coach a college football team (while at Florida).

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Folks, there are few coaches that are also fierce alumni. We had SOS and the whole rest of the world thought he was an Asshat. And that's OK, he was but he was ours. A true Gator that understood Georgia hate, FSU loathing and Auburn deprecation. 'Cause he knew the story and history. When you hire a "coach" from the professional coaching tree(s), you get men who are attempting to follow the professional ethos. I know you want a coach who would run Kirby Smart over if he was walking on the side of the road and back up and do again, but those kind of guys aint there. Coaches admire each other, they are friends, their gigs are temp jobs; if successful they move on, if not they collect big bucks. PS. Steven Orr Spurrier is the greatest human being to ever coach a college football team (while at Florida).
Take A Bow Thank You GIF by WWE

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, I don’t have any problem with Napier’s compliments. Similar to other areas, we’ve seen the opposite and it was skin-crawl bad. Mullen and his trolling a program that he was 1-3 against and not winning anything. And McElwain’s now famous “shrug” gif when asked about Harbaugh, as if he was less than impressed and he’d be getting his revenge(only to be beaten worse the next time). I’d rather be classy and win, than try to talk when we can’t. I do get that nobody wants to hear us gushing over them, but it’s tue least of our concerns, imo.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Y'all kill me. Pump up Florida?

I don't know where you have been? He does it EVERY presser. He didn't even throw Cox under the bus.

So do we suck or not?

Does Napier need to go or not?

Can he recruit or not?

I'm not asking for friend, I'm asking for me?

Even Gundy got spanked last week...geez he's the gold standard on here.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I like the guy. It's game 9 year 1.
He knows the culture but he ain't SOS nor is he a Mushamp.

But he's also not a Butters.

He's analytical and cool headed but he keeps you informed and is not afraid of the press.

And again, he's building from basically nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator