We knew 1 of 2 thing would happen this year...

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n84514 said:
I'm as sick of hearing John Gruden's name as I am of everybody wearing pink for breast cancer awareness.

Since my wife had breast cancer, I'm very happy to wear pink.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
RocketCityGator;n84544 said:
Since my wife had breast cancer, I'm very happy to wear pink.

I don't mean to offend. I have people with breast cancer in my family also, not as close as my wife. My comments may have been a little over the top, but at work I see people wearing these ribbons, and I see people having them on their cars, and you just see it everywhere. My point is that wearing a ribbon or the color pink might make someone feel good and may make them feel like they are really doing something, but it doesn't really mean you are doing anything at all. I want to go to a football game and watch the game. I don't want having a reminder that people have some form of a terrible disease stuck in my face everytime I look up. My mother had Alzheimer's disease and I would make the same type of comment in regards to that malady.

Once again, I hope nothing but the best for your wife, and if my comments were hurtful to you I apologize.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
8802Gator;n84477 said:
Wait... I tought we were talking about Dungy with the Bucs? Not a completely different team with a Hall of Famer at qb. I must have been mistaken.

The point stands. Gruden, despite going 12-4 with Dungy's team, still only managed a .500 record. Everyone seems to ignore the fact that he went 7-9 the next year and 5-11 the year after that.

Besides, dude has coached for like 3 years total in college, and was a Grad assistant at UT. That's just what we need...a former rival coach on our sidelines after we've dealt with MushDawg for the last 4 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator