We Now Await the Coronation of the Greatest Basketball Team of All Time

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Folks in Memphis are miserable. The man that sneaked out of town like a thief in the night to find his ultimate fame and fortune in Kentucky is about to enter Rome like a modern day Caesar. John Calipari and his Kentucky Wildcats are slowly approaching the rarefied air of the long ago dynasty of John Wooden and the UCLA Bruins. The media darling and focus all year the Cats are trying to become the first undefeated National Champion since the Indiana Hoosiers of the great Bobby Knight, the year of the Bicentennial, 1976. The only teams in the tournament that have a chance to upset the cult of "the one and done" Kentucky is Wisconsin and Arizona who are in the same Regional.
Sound the Trumpets.
Release the Doves
John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats await their coronation as
the Greatest Basketball Team of All Time.
21318-clipart-illustration-of-a-sad-and-depressed-gloomy-man-sulking-and-walking-under-a-rain-cloud-jpg.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My family is from Kentucky. I'm so tired of hearing about the greatness that is UK basketball. :puke:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is insightful commentary from this article.

MARIA LOPEZ VEGA March 15, 2015 10:10PM One thing you can be sue of is that Kentucky will start over with an all-new team next year. There are no dynasties, and no school loyalty, under Calipari. Education be damned, the Wildcats only mean one thing: a stepping stone to the pros. Guess that's why he gets the top recruits.

Viva, Maria. Verdad

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-goes-into-ncaa-tournament-undefeated/

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are a number of National Title teams that would smoke this team on the court. But it is due to the current culture of college basketball this team has been able to do what they have done.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Foregone conclusion, just waiting out the end-of-game buzzers to make it so. I'll be honest, I don't have any angst against KY - they are a great team, and they will earn the win with talent, as it is supposed to be. I'm not getting Calipari or KY cheating thoughts in my head - though possible, and likely, it's not out in front to make me hate them. While they pasted our Gators, I don't hate them, the wins were a reality of talent over ...whatever you want to call us this season. I have a little bit of SEC pride to see them win it, but not enough to make me watch any of the games. I'm neutral, I guess, on the tournament overall (don't plan on watching) and will be fine if they can go undefeated the whole way - in fact, I'd respect that that could do that, given it is such a rarity.

Maybe it gets vacated later if dirt is uncovered on Calipari or the players (or, more likely, the program over several years). Maybe they screw up and lose somewhere along the way. Maybe they actually do it and win it all with a perfect record. I'm okay with all of it, let it shake out how it will. I won't watch any of it, except maybe the final. And even then, I'm not going to care much.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n194272 said:
There are a number of National Title teams that would smoke this team on the court. But it is due to the current culture of college basketball this team has been able to do what they have done.

Don't let it go with those cryptic remarks.

Explain what you mean..."a number of teams that would smoke this team"? "current culture of college basketball"?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n194278 said:
Don't let it go with those cryptic remarks.

Explain what you mean..."a number of teams that would smoke this team"? "current culture of college basketball"?

Well, if you put this team against some of the teams that have won previously, they would crush this team. How else do you need explanation to that?

The current culture in college basketball, with the lost of talent and it being a one and done flow through, you don't think it hasn't hurt the talent/skill of the play?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n194277 said:
Foregone conclusion, just waiting out the end-of-game buzzers to make it so. I'll be honest, I don't have any angst against KY - they are a great team, and they will earn the win with talent, as it is supposed to be. I'm not getting Calipari or KY cheating thoughts in my head - though possible, and likely, it's not out in front to make me hate them. While they pasted our Gators, I don't hate them, the wins were a reality of talent over ...whatever you want to call us this season. I have a little bit of SEC pride to see them win it, but not enough to make me watch any of the games. I'm neutral, I guess, on the tournament overall (don't plan on watching) and will be fine if they can go undefeated the whole way - in fact, I'd respect that that could do that, given it is such a rarity.

Maybe it gets vacated later if dirt is uncovered on Calipari or the players (or, more likely, the program over several years). Maybe they screw up and lose somewhere along the way. Maybe they actually do it and win it all with a perfect record. I'm okay with all of it, let it shake out how it will. I won't watch any of it, except maybe the final. And even then, I'm not going to care much.

I stand in awe of your neutrality. Speaking for myself i'll jump for joy if Cal and the Cats come up with the same look on their faces I saw on the Seattle Seahawks.

PS Its the neutral mindset that allowed Northern Ireland to remain British.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's probably subliminally evil of me, but I really hope somebody spoils their destiny.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Alvin York;n194286 said:
PS Its the neutral mindset that allowed Northern Ireland to remain British.

I don't live in Ireland, but I am part Irish :D That said, despite my SEC support, I couldn't tell you what SEC teams are in the tourney beyond KY. Neutral to a point of .... no point?

Question - all these one-and-dones.....how is this addressed regarding NCAA graduation rates? I recall schools are required to have a percentage of enrollees graduate, and all schools flex the reasons for why someone does not achieve their final degree....but wouldn't this catch up with

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't pick UK to win, purely out of spite. Honestly, Calipari is not a good coach, but everyone knows that he cheats in the recruiting world. Not any different than Bama in football.

And yes, many prior winning teams would smoke this UK team. Not to be a homer but that '04's would be a matchup problem for this UK team. Duke's back to back teams and most Champs from the 80's just off the top of my head.

PS - Alvin's stupidity makes it impossible to think he can actually read and write...let alone work a computer

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n194327 said:
I didn't pick UK to win, purely out of spite. Honestly, Calipari is not a good coach, but everyone knows that he cheats in the recruiting world. Not any different than Bama in football.

And yes, many prior winning teams would smoke this UK team. Not to be a homer but that '04's would be a matchup problem for this UK team. Duke's back to back teams and most Champs from the 80's just off the top of my head.

PS - Alvin's stupidity makes it impossible to think he can actually read and write...let alone work a computer

Look who's talking. That alcohol soaked brain is probably 1/1000th the size of her jugs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The UCLA NC team when Bill Walton hit something like 20-22 FG shots would beat this UK team. Having an absolutely
unstoppable 40+ scorer plus 4-5 teammates as good as UK's, beats UK. By the way, Walton's shots were not slams,
they were bank shots 15 feet out, over and over again. Real quick moves.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n194330 said:
Look who's talking. That alcohol soaked brain is probably 1/1000th the size of her jugs.
For that you will get a turd in your lunchpail.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n194448 said:
For that you will get a turd in your lunchpail.

That won't work,Crosscreeek. Yorkel's lunchpail has a flush-handle on it.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What I want to know. Can somebody tell me? Where is that hip hop, I'm from the Hood, rhyme busting Kentucky white boy....

CATMANIA?

Can you imagine the tales of glad tidings he would regale to us as his Cats march toward an undefeated season and posterity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.