We owe AR a HUGE apology

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OL was DISASTROUS this game. Mertz played well.

We need to get rid of one of the OL coaches.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Mertz isn't the problem. Liked what I saw out of him all things considered. MFer didn't quit, wasn't moping on the sideline, engaged with his teammates, played hard til the end. He wasnt perfect.

You have forgotten the turds AR laid last year when the OL and RBs carried us to those wins.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OL was DISASTROUS this game. Mertz played well.

We need to get rid of one of the OL coaches.
We took only 2 shots down the field all night. They had 1 safety on the field all night. The box was loaded because we were so vanilla. Yes the oline had their struggles but if we had a legit passing game that oline would look alot better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need a ST coach and an O Coordinator
I'm gonna be saying this all year. Billy considers himself an oc. A new oc isn't going to fix anything because he's never gonna give up full control and will always be conservative no matter who the oc or system is

gatorcc

Sep 2, 2017
We took only 2 shots down the field all night. They had 1 safety on the field all night. The box was loaded because we were so vanilla. Yes the oline had their struggles but if we had a legit passing game that oline would look alot better.
Difficult to pass when they are getting pressure with four

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ya Mertz wasn’t a big problem to be fair

OL
OC
OL Coaches
STs

About as bad as you can play tbh. Not impressed by Utah, they’re very average without Rising.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They were tearing through the line with 4 man rushes.

Last edited:

gatorcc

Sep 2, 2017
Mertz was exactly how we thought he'd be. Good enough to manage the game, not turn it over, and make some throws.

We have two of the best RBs in the country and this OL could barely get them a yard.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mertz was exactly how we thought he'd be. Good enough to manage the game, not turn it over, and make some throws.

We have two of the best RBs in the country and this OL could barely get them a yard.
The RB’s didn’t seem to get a lot of chances. Billy continues to outsmart himself.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Mertz is the least of my worries after that game.
That’s a different point. I don’t disagree with this point. Buuut, he did not play well. He cost us a TD on the underthrow to Pearsall while he was 10 plus yards behind any defender. He rushed checkdowns early when we had no pressure. He missed 5-6 of the short throws I was assured here that he would improve over AR. Then, everyone is blaming Pearsall on the INT. Clearly not a great play by Pearsall, But we need 8-10 yards. Mertz threw it early and before Pearsall could have even gotten a first at about 6 yards. By the time Pearsall turned the ball was hitting him in the face yet he had no chance at a first down.

Earlier Mertz went very McElwain esque on third down throwing 5+ yards behind the sticks on pivotal downs at least another 5 times. It’s just not winning football from him (even if it wasn’t losing football per se).

Anyway, Mertz would never have been my focus of badness this game, until so many in here suggest he played well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator