We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It seems that people can't get over the fact that WM didn't torpedo the program the way a lot of pumpers claim. Yes he was a bad coach, yes he mismanaged the roster but he left Mac enough talent to win the east twice even though it sucked. For all the crowing about the OL mess Mac inherited I never here the real reason why it was that way. The reason why it was a mess was UF lost 5 guys along the OL in the time Mac was hired to when Macs first season was over:

Octavius Jackson
Drew Savary
Rod Johnson
Tyler Moore
DJ Humphries
Kelleher
Plus UF lost 2 OL commits when WM was fired. The problem I have is Mac is just as bad a HC, but his staff and recruiting have been worse than even WM. He still hasn't found an offense and his best QB has been a walk on who his own recruits can't even beat out. So when Mac is fired not only will UF have trouble competing because the talent is so bad, the New HC will have to find a QB along with a ton of elite defensive talent because Mac left him with none of UFs caliber outside of DB, and DE. So we'll be in a complete rebuild rather than only trying to find an offense due to Mac taking on so many projects on both sides of the ball. We're looking at 5-10 YEARS of mediocrity if Stricklin messes up the new hire or keeps Mac after this year.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Omar's a Chump :nutswinger:. Explains a lot. Chump inherited a program with two recent National Championships, added his recruits, then went 4-8. His record of worsts at Florida is a long one. But it's comical that you're trying to defend him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lawd, I thought this was a Talking Bout (Spring) Practice thread. So confusing.

Is Nav getting ready to merge?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Plus UF lost 2 OL commits when WM was fired. The problem I have is Mac is just as bad a HC, but his staff and recruiting have been worse than even WM. He still hasn't found an offense and his best QB has been a walk on who his own recruits can't even beat out. So when Mac is fired not only will UF have trouble competing because the talent is so bad, the New HC will have to find a QB along with a ton of elite defensive talent because Mac left him with none of UFs caliber outside of DB, and DE. So we'll be in a complete rebuild rather than only trying to find an offense due to Mac taking on so many projects on both sides of the ball. We're looking at 5-10 YEARS of mediocrity if Stricklin messes up the new hire or keeps Mac after this year.
Yes. We will quickly go from one lost decade to potentially two.

And we will likely be surpasses by USF and UCF.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Woke up this morning and saw the thread title changed.

:lmao:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You guys are missing the main point of our offense - we don't need a QB. We just need to get in FG range and let Eddie be Eddie.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It boils down to level of competition for our coach....I'm pretty sure he could do Ok in an average program, in a average conference with average expectations....which is one reason he's done well vs the rest of the average East so far. But it's pretty easy to see he's in over his head when the big boys come to town. He looks clueless on the sideline when we're down in the 3rd or 4th quarter of games. He's supposed to be known as an offensive minded coach yet we've struggled far more on offense against the likes of FSU, Bama and Michigan....Heck, his signature win is against Orgeron and as you said most of that was due to a pretty decent defense most of which weren't recruited by him....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anybody is surprised by this. Well some people probably. But I think the majority of us expect Luke to be QB at kick off.

I don't. There's a pretty big difference between "yeah he'll be healthy enough to compete for the starting job" and "I expect him to start".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Based off the most recent info that he's going or just went under the knife again (not sure which at this point in time) I doubt he'll be ready to go regardless. At this point I expect to see both of the kids play because they both have already used a redshirt so there's no more saving them. And why not? What few reports have come out indicate that for the most part one's strengths are the others weaknesses and vice versa. If he rotated grier and harris, surely he'll do the same here. I cant imagine the actual chasm between these two any greater than those two... and yet they were both rotating out there game after game. I think we'll see plenty of both and have a consensus on who it needs to be shortly after the season starts.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Based off the most recent info that he's going or just went under the knife again (not sure which at this point in time) I doubt he'll be ready to go regardless. At this point I expect to see both of the kids play because they both have already used a redshirt so there's no more saving them. And why not? What few reports have come out indicate that for the most part one's strengths are the others weaknesses and vice versa. If he rotated grier and harris, surely he'll do the same here. I cant imagine the actual chasm between these two any greater than those two... and yet they were both rotating out there game after game. I think we'll see plenty of both and have a consensus on who it needs to be shortly after the season starts.

You rotate vs Mich and Don Brown will eat us for lunch

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You rotate vs Mich and Don Brown will eat us for lunch
Who knows... if Michigan is improved from this past season I think that's likely anyway. They seem to be a good bit ahead of us in their program resurrection.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows... if Michigan is improved from this past season I think that's likely anyway. They seem to be a good bit ahead of us in their program resurrection.

I really think people are over-stating the returning starters stat. Mich got to play a lot of back ups last year...a lot. And not because of injury. I think that Harbaugh will have the squad ready to play. If we beat them it won't be because they didn't return a lot of starters. We'll have EARNED the W. Maybe we catch them early but I expect them to be a top ten team next season. And if Mich finishes out of the top 25 feel free to correct me.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I really think people are over-stating the returning starters stat. Mich got to play a lot of back ups last year...a lot. And not because of injury. I think that Harbaugh will have the squad ready to play. If we beat them it won't be because they didn't return a lot of starters. We'll have EARNED the W. Maybe we catch them early but I expect them to be a top ten team next season. And if Mich finishes out of the top 25 feel free to correct me.
I know he's a douche and no one around here likes him, but I think he's an excellent coach. I wanted us to hire him when Urban quit, and again when muschamp got fired. Kept saying at the time wherever he goes, that place is going to win. That's exactly what's happened so far, pro and college. He may not be an Urban or Saban, but I put him in that group of 5 or 6 that are right beneath them. Even his first season at Mich when they had nobody, that team played hard and was very sound and disciplined. They will be ready to go season opener, no doubt about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.