Wed 3/30 Practice Report

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not there, but I'm a little worried about LDR. I keep reading about him checking down. That could be good or bad. Doing it to much is a bad thing.

Where is Franks? Did he not play? Did he suck? I want to hear how both Trask and Franks are doing. They are the future.

Riles? No wonder the offense didn't look good. Hide that part from Law.
I have read a lot of practice reports from other places and LDR seems to be separating from the pack but he's not without having some bad days. Appleby has been the one i've read checks down the most and is the slowest in making decisions. Franks and Trask should both still be in high school right now and they are practicing for the first time against an SEC defense and a defensive backfield that will all be playing on sunday's soon. It's a work in progress for them...

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
  • Trask hit three consecutive passes during his turn, including two beautiful balls on corner routes to receivers Case Harrison and Ryan Sousa.
Prodigy. The recruiting coup of the century.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great defenses don't give up 180+ rushing yards to one RB in a game. Our "great" defense did it against THREE different RBs.
What you fail to mention is that each of those RB's were held in check for around three quarters each until the D finally ran out of gas because he O couldn't stay on the field and score. Otherwise each of those THREE ELITE RB's would have had around 100 yards or less.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You claiming moral almost victories?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I have read a lot of practice reports from other places and LDR seems to be separating from the pack but he's not without having some bad days.

I read the same thing, but that was earlier in the spring when Appleby was still trying to get the hang of things and before the scrimmage. Mac said how the quarterbacks performed in the scrimmage would be the biggest factor to him. Before the scrimmage LDR was way ahead. Afterwards, Mac said it was a close race. Early in spring, Appleby was all over the play throwing the ball. Now he is consistent. I think Appleby is who the coaches want to win the job. However, he is like Driskel. He comes from a complete disaster. We'll know more come fall. I'm just glad he is pushing LDR.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I read the same thing, but that was earlier in the spring when Appleby was still trying to get the hang of things and before the scrimmage. Mac said how the quarterbacks performed in the scrimmage would be the biggest factor to him. Before the scrimmage LDR was way ahead. Afterwards, Mac said it was a close race. Early in spring, Appleby was all over the play throwing the ball. Now he is consistent. I think Appleby is who the coaches want to win the job. However, he is like Driskel. He comes from a complete disaster. We'll know more come fall. I'm just glad he is pushing LDR.

I'm with you on this...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What you fail to mention is that each of those RB's were held in check for around three quarters each until the D finally ran out of gas because he O couldn't stay on the field and score. Otherwise each of those THREE ELITE RB's would have had around 100 yards or less.
The only one of those three we held in check for three quarters was cook. Fournette and Henry both gashed us the whole game. Fournette had 100 yards at halftime.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At his Elite 11 camp, Appleby stunk it up during the first 2 days of drills, but shined in the scrimmage settings with the pressure on. Maybe a poor man's Grossman type?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator