Wednesday Worsts… Candy

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Off to a great start, although I’d probably not go so specific on the particular color of the jelly beans. I think they all generally suck. But I really do think CD ended the thread with the circus peanuts. When I was 9, my parents took me to see Cats with some friends. One girl was eating them and offered me one. It was so horrendous that I still remember it to this day, over 30 years later. She became a fat lesbian, and I have no doubt those circus peanuts played a role in that outcome.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I was 9, my parents took me to see Cats with some friends. One girl was eating them and offered me one. It was so horrendous that I still remember it to this day, over 30 years later. She became a fat lesbian, and I have no doubt those circus peanuts played a role in that outcome.
Right. Blame it on the peanuts.

:scoff:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to beat circus peanuts.

For Jelly Beans, that buttered popcorn flavor is the worst to me.

For Halloween, those individually wrapped candy in a black wrapper or orange wrapper was the worst. I honestly dont even know what it was.

7FVJSNIAMJESRE7UGYYLDRVXWE.JPG

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Off to a great start, although I’d probably not go so specific on the particular color of the jelly beans. I think they all generally suck. But I really do think CD ended the thread with the circus peanuts. When I was 9, my parents took me to see Cats with some friends. One girl was eating them and offered me one. It was so horrendous that I still remember it to this day, over 30 years later. She became a fat lesbian, and I have no doubt those circus peanuts played a role in that outcome.
Gourmet Jellybean are pretty good. Old Fashioned Black Licorice, candy cigarettes, cotton candy.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to beat circus peanuts.

For Jelly Beans, that buttered popcorn flavor is the worst to me.

For Halloween, those individually wrapped candy in a black wrapper or orange wrapper was the worst. I honestly dont even know what it was.

7FVJSNIAMJESRE7UGYYLDRVXWE.JPG
Peanut butter flavored Taffy?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Twizers have to be the most underwhelming. You’d think they would have a lot more flavor than they do. I don’t typically eat candy, so maybe they’ve improved.

Also, any old school candy that’s green, and is now sour apple instead of lime should be taken off the shelf, with its creator attested.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It coulda turned out worse for you... much, much, worse...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
these were (are?) nasty...

iu

If you ever followed Bill Simmons on ESPN before the crappy era, he would hold his annual NFL style Candy Draft.
Necco's were always a very late rounder if not Mr. Irrelevant.

'Peeps' never even got a practice squad look...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
these were (are?) nasty...

iu

If you ever followed Bill Simmons on ESPN before the crappy era, he would hold his annual NFL style Candy Draft.
Necco's were always a very late rounder if not Mr. Irrelevant.

'Peeps' never even got a practice squad look...

I’ve never had a Necco but I suspect Tums tastes better than those.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I’ve never had a Necco but I suspect Tums tastes better than those.

especially the berry flavors...

I actually think the berry version of Pepcid AC rivals that of most candies today, while providing gastrointestinal relief.

Back to the worst candy...

Let's not forget that coagulated, congealed, possibly petrified mess of a candy dish at Grandma's house:

h4epvm26u5021.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
especially the berry flavors...

I actually think the berry version of Pepcid AC rivals that of most candies today, while providing gastrointestinal relief.

Back to the worst candy...

Let's not forget that coagulated, congealed, possibly petrified mess of a candy dish at Grandma's house:

h4epvm26u5021.jpg

I actually like some of those. The challenge was isolating one specific piece and flavor profile. You had to find something along the edge that was weakened. You’re a five year old who just wants a piece of candy and you have to become like a lion looking for the straggler gazelle. Tough times indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator