Wednesday Worsts…

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This thread makes the Marco shoe toss look like a brilliant move.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wrote a little about this in the best friends thread, but we got a doozy brewing too.

My best friend of 30 years was arrested last month. Immediately bailed out. Was re-arrested last week and has been in jail since. Yesterday, the bond was revoked on the first arrest because he violated the bail conditions (doesnt really matter because he is already in jail for the 2nd arrest).

Anyway, he's an absolute conman and predator. At this point, we know he was living at least a triple life. His marriage and life with 5 kids was an absolute shell. He has completely duped scores of people, for many many years.

I can get past losing the best friend part. It sucks, but whatever. We are also super super close with the wife and kids (our kids consider them cousins). The "worst" part, and where it belongs in this thread, is watching his family try to come to grips that their husband and father doesnt even exist, and never has. It's absolutely heartbreaking. I would think dealing with a death is actually easier, because that is at least an "absolute". Fuching nuts to witness.
Triple life? How long before we get to see you in an A&E special?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Triple life? How long before we get to see you in an A&E special?

Lately, we've been watching a lot of Netflix con documentaries. The entire time you are watching you are thinking, "these people are such idiots". Then boom, we find ourselves smack in the middle of a Netflix-worthy special. I am sure the idiot designation still applies to me, but his wife? His 5 kids? My family? His Parents? Sister? Dozens of multi-decade long ultra-close friends? All his coworkers? Luckily for me and my direct family, it was only a glancing hit. We lost what we thought was a true best friend and uncle and the closest thing I've ever had to a brother. But watching what his wife and kids are going through is truly heartbreaking. But it's not like I lost any money to this scumbag or that I am connected in any way to his crimes. It's fuching insane.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Lately, we've been watching a lot of Netflix con documentaries. The entire time you are watching you are thinking, "these people are such idiots". Then boom, we find ourselves smack in the middle of a Netflix-worthy special. I am sure the idiot designation still applies to me, but his wife? His 5 kids? My family? His Parents? Sister? Dozens of multi-decade long ultra-close friends? All his coworkers? Luckily for me and my direct family, it was only a glancing hit. We lost what we thought was a true best friend and uncle and the closest thing I've ever had to a brother. But watching what his wife and kids are going through is truly heartbreaking. But it's not like I lost any money to this scumbag or that I am connected in any way to his crimes. It's fuching insane.

Would you classify him as a psychopath? Not sure how else you can con that many people? Has it been going on for 20 years or just the last five?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would you classify him as a psychopath? Not sure how else you can con that many people? Has it been going on for 20 years or just the last five?

Not certain on the official douchebag classification.

As far as the non criminal stuff, we are still trying to piece together the full extent and timeline. Connecting small dots. A new onion layer gets pealed off seemingly daily… with no end in sight.

As far is the criminal stuff, the detectives say they have barely scratched the surface of the current evidence. His attorneys even told his (ex)wife that this is just the beginning.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Celebration of Life service is tomorrow. Picked up baby albums, photo prints and combed through FB for all digital photos to put together two videos for tomorrow. It took about 20 hours to get the photos edited and into a usable format but I think it turned out well. One video will be played right before the pastor speaks and is a 4 min highlight of her 35 years. The second video is much longer and has every single photo her mom wanted. It’s more of a keepsake for the family but will be played on loop while people gather. I’ve made a lot of these videos for family and friends but doing them for a parent that loses a child is always the most difficult. Never miss the chance to tell your family and friends that you love them.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Celebration of Life service is tomorrow. Picked up baby albums, photo prints and combed through FB for all digital photos to put together two videos for tomorrow. It took about 20 hours to get the photos edited and into a usable format but I think it turned out well. One video will be played right before the pastor speaks and is a 4 min highlight of her 35 years. The second video is much longer and has every single photo her mom wanted. It’s more of a keepsake for the family but will be played on loop while people gather. I’ve made a lot of these videos for family and friends but doing them for a parent that loses a child is always the most difficult. Never miss the chance to tell your family and friends that you love them.
Again, prayers for the family. No words will soothe tomorrow, but over time they will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator