Wednesday Worsts…wedding songs

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What would be a totally inappropriate wedding song?

Go…

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not appropriate at a high brow wedding, but it truly gets to the heart of the moment…

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wrote into the contract with our wedding DJ that if he played the Macarena or the Chicken Dance, he wouldn't get paid.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
iu

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wrote into the contract with our wedding DJ that if he played the Macarena or the Chicken Dance, he wouldn't get paid.

Alex.

...or that frickin' "Hot, Hot, Hot"... conga line thingy.

But at least you got to keep your Air Supply and Celine Dion rocking far into the night

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
...or that frickin' "Hot, Hot, Hot"... conga line thingy.

But at least you got to keep your Air Supply and Celine Dion rocking far into the night

Wifey was a goth. Lotta Cure, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus, that kinda stuff.

Had to make compromises.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"was"... ?

what was your actual wedding dance song?

Ours was "I Cross My Heart" ... Mr. George Strait. :)

iu

She still listens to the music but she's a mommy with an appropriate wardrobe including colors other than black or purple.

Our wedding song was (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons. Specifically, the Nat King Cole rendition. I had heard nightmare stories of people getting bad covers of their wedding song so I was very specific.

We go out for out first dance. The music starts. Instead of the dulcet tones of Nat King Cole, I hear a chick start to sing. "Oh sh!t" I thought. "Imma kill that damn DJ".

I told my wife "wrong version" and she told me "just listen".

I was confused. It was clearly not Nat King Cole. She said "listen...it's me".

That's right boys and girls. My fiancee went to a recording studio (with her sister) and did her own cover of our wedding song. We danced our first dance as a married couple to her voice singing our wedding song. It was a surprise gift to me.

Pretty cool, huh.

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
She still listens to the music but she's a mommy with an appropriate wardrobe including colors other than black or purple.

Our wedding song was (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons. Specifically, the Nat King Cole rendition. I had heard nightmare stories of people getting bad covers of their wedding song so I was very specific.

We go out for out first dance. The music starts. Instead of the dulcet tones of Nat King Cole, I hear a chick start to sing. "Oh sh!t" I thought. "Imma kill that damn DJ".

I told my wife "wrong version" and she told me "just listen".

I was confused. It was clearly not Nat King Cole. She said "listen...it's me".

That's right boys and girls. My fiancee went to a recording studio (with her sister) and did her own cover of our wedding song. We danced our first dance as a married couple to her voice singing our wedding song. It was a surprise gift to me.

Pretty cool, huh.

Alex.

iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.