Wednesday Worsts....80's Bands

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There are a lot of memorable bands that came out of the 80's but apparently many could be nominated for the worst.

Go....

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
There are more good ones but I'll hang up and listen...

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I guess I have heard a song from many of those listed but not a fan of much music from that era. My daughter loved Toto's Africa so I can't hear it without tearing up. The Eagles had some good stuff and some really weird stuff. So not the worst. Have to go with Run DMC simply for the genre.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know some people really like Talking Heads, but several of their songs would rank in the most annoying of all time category.

Wham just because of the, well you know. But one has to wonder if the Zoolander gas station scene would be as funny without it. I mean, you can’t plug in Kickstart My Heart there and get the same desired effect.

Winger, Whitesnake and Warrant are all symbols of why the hair band era ended. So while they suck terribly, they did help usher in the 90s grunge scene.

B52’s and REM would all be rounded up and in prison as my first directive if ever elected President.

And I’ll throw out Fine Young Cannibals. Burn that with fire as well.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Stryper for posing as the heavy metal hair band of Jesus. They simply sucked outright, but the whole Christ thing was later revealed as a gimmick.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I know some people really like Talking Heads, but several of their songs would rank in the most annoying of all time category.

Wham just because of the, well you know. But one has to wonder if the Zoolander gas station scene would be as funny without it. I mean, you can’t plug in Kickstart My Heart there and get the same desired effect.

Winger, Whitesnake and Warrant are all symbols of why the hair band era ended. So while they suck terribly, they did help usher in the 90s grunge scene.

B52’s and REM would all be rounded up and in prison as my first directive if ever elected President.

You seem somewhat lukewarm and wishy-washy about your opinion. If only you didn't sit on the fence and remain neutral about the bands that you might dislike just to please us. I know you try not to offend anyone but seriously, tell us what you think!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

The answer is,
John Candy No GIF by Laff

I actually just looked up the date (tried to find a clip of the video) because I remember watching the show, but in 1999, MTV did a "25 lamest videos of all time" with Denis Leary and a couple of others where they played the list and commented throughout the videos (it was the show where Vanilla Ice tore up the set when he was #1)...

When they got to the Zoolander song (it would be ghey to actually type it out), Denis Leary very simply, and very slowly, said, "How did we not know...? How.... did we not... know???"
:lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Stryper for posing as the heavy metal hair band of Jesus. They simply sucked outright, but the whole Christ thing was later revealed as a gimmick.

A punk band, terrible I might add, called MXPX did something similar in the 90s. Basically became religious to sign with a label, then once they got any traction they bailed and signed elsewhere playing regular, still terrible, music.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fcuk all y'all.

I would give a dislike to every post in this ill-conceived thread.

The 80s were fun. The music was fun. It was a better time.

Reagan was in the White House. The economy was booming but cars and homes were still affordable. Race relations were better. Movies were better. Men wore suits and ties. Teachers weren't woke. We were the good guys and the Soviets were the bad guys. Pluto was still a planet. Our military was all about killing people and breaking things. We had MTV and we didn't have social media. It was "Almost Paradise" (see what I did there?)

We didn't listen to one kind of music in the 80s. We listened to new wave, pop, rap, country, metal, all of it.

Those songs were played at your homecoming, at your prom, and on your car radio when you were making out with your girl and trying to slip her bra off.

Do not come for the 80s.

iu

You wanna hate on something? Let's hate on the boy-band era, or let's hate on the sh!tty state of modern hip hop.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Fcuk all y'all.

Reagan was in the White House. The economy was booming but cars and homes were still affordable. Race relations were better. Movies were better. Men wore suits and ties. Teachers weren't woke. We were the good guys and the Soviets were the bad guys. Pluto was still a planet. Our military was all about killing people and breaking things. We had MTV and we didn't have social media. It was "Almost Paradise" (see what I did there?)

We didn't listen to one kind of music in the 80s. We listened to new wave, pop, rap, country, metal, all of it.

Those songs were played at your homecoming, at your prom, and on your car radio when you were making out with your girl and trying to slip her bra off.

Do not come for the 80s.

iu

You wanna hate on something? Let's hate on the boy-band era, or let's hate on the sh!tty state of modern hip hop.

Alex.
Serena Williams Applause GIF

You go, Alex!

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Fcuk all y'all.

Do not come for the 80s.

iu

Alex.

1712773164407.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.