Wednesday Worsts....Dog Breed

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone ever adopt a retired greyhound? We fostered one before we got the lab, so probably 12-13 years ago. Very interesting experience.
About 30 years ago, my tree hugging cousin “rescued” a greyhound. She lived in a restored home in Springfield. I remember her bringing it home and taking it off the leash in the front yard. That thing took off like a bat out of hell! EventualIy disappeared in the distance.
I bet it’s still running today! :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
About 30 years ago, my tree hugging cousin “rescued” a greyhound. She lived in a restored home in Springfield. I remember her bringing it home and taking it off the leash in the front yard. That thing took off like a bat out of hell! EventualIy disappeared in the distance.
I bet it’s still running today! :lol:

That’s awesome. I’ve always like greyhounds but kind of envisioned that very scenario. We fostered a Great Dane and he was great, but I was constantly concerned with him doing some similar.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone ever adopt a retired greyhound? We fostered one before we got the lab, so probably 12-13 years ago. Very interesting experience.
A good friend of mine’s parents adopted one. Fortunately they had a large fenced in back yards. They’d let her out in the yard and she would run in big circles around the perimeter. She was a sweet dog once she got her run in. Neurotic as hell if she didn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.