Wednesday Worsts...Indulgent Habits

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I don’t care what anybody says…I love my Subaru (but maybe I should get one of those stickers)

Agreed - I think you need that disclaimer on the back

I don't necessarily have too many issues with classic Liberals, it's these new fangled progressives that are the whack jobs.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t care what anybody says…I love my Subaru (but maybe I should get one of those stickers)
Subaru makes a very good vehicle, despite any political overtones. Our daughter has one and loves it. When the missus was in an accident and her Camry was totaled, we decided (with daughter’s input) to get her a Subaru Ascent. It is a great vehicle with plenty of room and a very sturdy ride. Nice interior with all the options. We’re very pleased. Of course, I haven’t told her of my plans to lift it and put on a set of mud tires, a winch, and a snorkel. I don’t want my friends giving me too much hell about it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do to. From imagine perspective I’d prefer the old amc eagle pos but alas they are hard to find….in working order.
I had a cousin that bought one, looked like this…

1672938385112.jpeg

It was a very cool concept at the time.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I am adding heating a home to indulgent habits. Just filled our propane tank today, 645 American dollars. Thanks Brandon.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve mentioned before, I honestly don’t understand anyone going into a gas station. Every time I am getting gas, I see droves of people going in and coming out with sodas, chips, candies, etc. that probably added $10 to their bill. It’s such a waste that no one ever seems to talk about. That would probably be my second.
And we're still in disagreement here. It's called a convenience store for a reason.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1672962300917.gif

Golf is my indulgence. But I don’t really spend an inordinate amount of money on it. My clubs are used, but in great shape. Usually a couple of seasons old. I do my own re-gripping. The dues at the club I play are $1200/year and 18 with a cart is $18. I can walk for free if I want.

But my indulgence is practicing and studying the game. I wasn’t a collegiate athlete, but football, baseball, and basketball came pretty easily to me. I really enjoyed the competition and my years coaching were an extension of that. Golf was different. I got into it after high school, had no formal instruction and found I couldn’t overpower it like other sports. So I’ve worked at it for 40 years. We’ve got a pasture at home that’s my practice range and I enjoy working on each club and trying to keep my swing consistent. I’ve had my handicap get down to a 7 and couldn’t stay at that level. I’m about a 12 now and I’m still trying to get better with the aforementioned consistency of my swing being the key.

Even though I know my advancing age makes it harder and harder each year to stay competitive, it’s all I’ve got sports-wise, so I’ll keep on indulging myself with time spent chasing my golfing dream.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And we're still in disagreement here. It's called a convenience store for a reason.

It’s also called a trash haven for a reason. I read somewhere that Circle K is now giving a free wrist tats with the purchase of any regular size polar pop.

Remember, this was about overspending on something. And I’m not talking about the occasional need of something that requires going in. But if you’re going into a gas station on a consistent basis, as I see often, for every day items, then between the added monetary expense and the cost of time(5 trips a week vs 1 to a grocery store), there is no question you have gone backwards in all aspects.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It’s also called a trash haven for a reason. I read somewhere that Circle K is now giving a free wrist tats with the purchase of any regular size polar pop.

Remember, this was about overspending on something. And I’m not talking about the occasional need of something that requires going in. But if you’re going into a gas station on a consistent basis, as I see often, for every day items, then between the added monetary expense and the cost of time(5 trips a week vs 1 to a grocery store), there is no question you have gone backwards in all aspects.

Well where else can one grab a gallon sized Mountain Dew, Slim Jim’s, a pack of Parliament Lights, a ‘High Society’ and a scratch off… In.One.Place?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wife. Daughter. Son not so much, but wife and daughter.

Daughter showed me her fingernails today. I don’t want to know.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well where else can one grab a gallon sized Mountain Dew, Slim Jim’s, a pack of Parliament Lights, a ‘High Society’ and a scratch off… In.One.Place?

Fair. But I recently discovered they don’t even have passion fruit flavored Vape juice. And the gentlemen standing outside, elbows on the trashcan, one of whom I have to imagine is Bernie, were less than helpful and actually borderline offensive. So much for my Coexist sticker.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Subaru makes a very good vehicle, despite any political overtones. Our daughter has one and loves it. When the missus was in an accident and her Camry was totaled, we decided (with daughter’s input) to get her a Subaru Ascent. It is a great vehicle with plenty of room and a very sturdy ride. Nice interior with all the options. We’re very pleased. Of course, I haven’t told her of my plans to lift it and put on a set of mud tires, a winch, and a snorkel. I don’t want my friends giving me too much hell about it.

John Wayne just rolled over in his grave. And cried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.