Wednesday Worsts....Thanksgiving dishes

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You may live in the south, but you aint from it. If you dont know about southerners and their casseroles they cover with crushed ritz crackers, then you dont know the south.

giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Those are true words.

Never in my 42 years of southern birth and life have I been to a church pot-luck, a family picnic, or a holiday celebration meal where at least 1 person didn't bring some family recipe dish that was covered in some sort of crushed Ritz cracker garbage. Crushed Ritz crackers are essentially big mommas bread crumbs. It's nasty, but it is what it is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You may live in the south, but you aint from it. If you dont know about southerners and their casseroles they cover with crushed ritz crackers, then you dont know the south.

I thought I did. Not sure I’ve ever seen that. Good to know.

You also didn’t technically answer my question.:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I did. Not sure I’ve ever seen that. Good to know.

You also didn’t technically answer my question.:lol:
Not sure i really understand what you're asking tbh. How many years have I been gone? From where? Outside of mil deployments I've spent my entire life in the southeast.

Edit - you're down south of orlando, which isnt the deep south at all. Even in the rural areas. Im panhandle, a few miles due south of the bama border. Its still deep south culture with a coastal flair where im at. Probably why you haven't seen this type of stuff.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those are true words.

Never in my 42 years of southern birth and life have I been to a church pot-luck, a family picnic, or a holiday celebration meal where at least 1 person didn't bring some family recipe dish that was covered in some sort of crushed Ritz cracker garbage. Crushed Ritz crackers are essentially big mommas bread crumbs. It's nasty, but it is what it is.

This is very true, along with homemade mac n cheese and green bean caserole with died onion on top.... my yankee born wife wasn't ready for her first thanksgiving with my family.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure i really understand what you're asking tbh. How many years have I been gone? From where? Outside of mil deployments I've spent my entire life in the southeast.

Edit - you're down south of orlando, which isnt the deep south at all. Even in the rural areas. Im panhandle, a few miles due south of the bama border. Its still deep south culture with a coastal flair where im at. Probably why you haven't seen this type of stuff.

The whole Ritz crackers thing sounded like something you'd see in Lockup Raw. So the question was how long you'd gone to prison. That was the joke. It obviously fell flat and I'm embarrassed for myself. Carry on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The whole Ritz crackers thing sounded like something you'd see in Lockup Raw. So the question was how long you'd gone to prison. That was the joke. It obviously fell flat and I'm embarrassed for myself. Carry on.

I'm not going to hold this against you, of your list of sins if pales in comparison.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ritz crackers, dried onions, and mini marshmallows should not be on casseroles!!! I hate those dishes.

Now, a nice pecan crust on top of sweet potatoes…. Hot damn.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ahhhh I didn't catch that at all. Regroup and come back stronger big Haus.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ritz crackers, dried onions, and mini marshmallows should not be on casseroles!!! I hate those dishes.

How could I ever forget the damn mini marshmallows? Freaking disgusting. Ruining perfectly good brown sugared yams. That's another of the south's worst of the worsts. There's po and there's just plain neck.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

have to agree with brad on the marshmallows, fuch them

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Green bean casserole…I will straight up gag and throw that **** up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.