Week one in the SEC - what have we learned?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Yep if FSU beats Ole Miss we won't be able to watch ESPN or the SEC Channel without hearing that crap non stop.

4 sure. The talkin heads will be worse than intolerable. Maybe I'll can the sat dish, save some money and just listen to Hubert 'n McGriff on the radio.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think Ole miss/FSU will be the first time I cheered for an SEC team this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is gonna roll Ole Miss in Orlando

If they let Cook get loose possibly but I think Ole Miss has a chance to win this game. That QB played pretty good after his bad game against us last season.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The East runs through the WLOCP for the near future, as it should be.

Chubb looks like a mini-Herschel. Scary if he stays healthy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Eason played strong. He's the real deal. UGA is going to be a very tough out. Very tough.

I only watched sparingly, but Eason is definitely the "real deal". UNC was a 11-2 team last year. They are very well coached. That was a good win for Smart and UGA.....and note: they scored more points than we did vs a "real" team. Not sure why anyone is discounting that win last night for UGA. So far, they look to be the best team in the East (after just 1 game, of course).

I think we learned, as has been discussed, we don't have an OL and because of that we can lose as many 5 games on our schedule (or more if Vandy, SC, or Missouri make a game of it). Missouri actually has a defense and we can't score, which is a bad combination.

Bama was more than impressive after a slow first quarter (which is their usual, they have so much depth they just beat the hell out of teams and by the second half it's a joke).

Ohio State and Michigan were very impressive: OSU set a school record for total yards....and Michigan played FIVE QBs and NINE RBs in the game. We couldn't even get Austin Appleby a single snap vs UMass.....pathetic!

Several teams lost to 1AA teams, Miss State's loss was a huge embarrassment, Southern Miss has a solid team....but UK blowing that lead was an embarrassment for the SEC (and don't expect UK to roll over for us in Gainesville next week either).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ohio State and Michigan were very impressive: OSU set a school record for total yards....and Michigan played FIVE QBs and NINE RBs in the game. We couldn't even get Austin Appleby a single snap vs UMass.....pathetic!

Several teams lost to 1AA teams, Miss State's loss was a huge embarrassment, Southern Miss has a solid team....but UK blowing that lead was an embarrassment for the SEC (and don't expect UK to roll over for us in Gainesville next week either).

Not getting another QB snaps was terrible. The staff seems a step slower than the upper echelon coaches. UMass is a bad football team. We have a lot of work to do.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Saban clearly has been bad for the SEC. Without Chubbs UGA is nothing and without 4-nette (maybe even with) LSU is nothing. It's 'bama and everybody else. Times have changed.
Just remembered, who was it on here who 2 days ago that said LSU would win the west?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not getting another QB snaps was terrible. The staff seems a step slower than the upper echelon coaches. UMass is a bad football team. We have a lot of work to do.

And....Ohio State put up 77 points on Bowling Green while setting a school record for yards. Bowling Green scored 62 on UMass last season.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and this was known 18, 9, and 3 months ago.

I think you will be both pissed and ecstatic this season

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And....Ohio State put up 77 points on Bowling Green while setting a school record for yards. Bowling Green scored 62 on UMass last season.

Three schools scored 50+ on UMass last year. You really have to wonder if there was a carry over from last year and the bowl game.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC still beat 3 ranked teams on Saturday. No other Power 5 conference beat more than 1. Just sayin.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Three schools scored 50+ on UMass last year. You really have to wonder if there was a carry over from last year and the bowl game.

Mac seems to think so. He said KY will come into the Swamp fully expecting to win after how we looked our last 4 games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, we carried over most of the same players and almost all the coaches.

It's like people declaring that Dobbs and Harris would be all SEC QBs. I guess they've never seen those guys play QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator