Welcome GatorCountry refugees!

92gator

Aug 20, 2018
What is a THGC?

TH = Too Hot, GC = Gator Coutry.

Too Hot for Swamp Gas was a forum on Gator Country from wbich a group of us..... emigrated.

(Foir different reasons. Many displeased with the rules n moderating theRe--i was mostly bored, preferred the posters who came to those who remained, and like the idea of a fresh, new place...).

Fwiw.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
TH = Too Hot, GC = Gator Coutry.

Too Hot for Swamp Gas was a forum on Gator Country from wbich a group of us..... emigrated.

(Foir different reasons. Many displeased with the rules n moderating theRe--i was mostly bored, preferred the posters who came to those who remained, and like the idea of a fresh, new place...).

Fwiw.

Thanks for the explanation.

Tilly

The bad kid from across the tracks.
Aug 27, 2018
]
You know this, @Tilly. You too, @Oklahoma Gator. But you two sycophants would rather kiss up to gatornana and Hallgator than resign your positions in protest, like any real self-respecting conservatives would do.

You were both used as patsies by the admins to project a phony image of balance on the moderator team. They sized both of you up, they observed that you were both Never Trumper-type conservatives, and they presumed -- correctly, as it turned out -- that you'd be more loyal to them than to your "fellow conservatives."

Now we can only presume that you are here to try to ingratiate yourselves on this site, with the ultimate aim of recruiting posters to go back over there. Save yourselves the time and effort, and go on back "home."
1. I was a mod before Trump ever ran for POTUS. I voted for Trump. I don't think he is a good dude, but is doing good things.
2. I am a mod on 6 boards there. Not just Too Hot, and you have no idea how many times I defended some of you. I specifically defended you in the mod forums on more than one occasion. Shortening the length of a ban on TH one time I believe. Bill can attest to that as he was a mod there too for a while.
As a Mod, you certainly could have made a stand over the unfair banning whether you were part of it or not, and you certainly were involved in allowing or taking part in the biased editing, unless I was lied to when I was told all the mods agreed on most editing when it was done. Either way, I agree with Triple G, it's time to move on.
Bans are not voted on. Mods used to have more power in that way. that was before my time I guess. My only job is to clean up posts that break rules. That is all I did. never banned anyone in my life and was never consulted when someone else was banned. That isn't really how it works.
All I know is a lot of liberal posts were edited and posters banned. (You don't see deleted posts, so how would you know if it was done fairly or not. You know the libs think I am biased against them, right?
Mods may not click the "ban" button, but they certainly have influence over who gets banned and who stays.

I can share a glimpse into the mod forum from a decade ago, when solari and company let radbag in, whether by mistake or design:
A decade ago? That is not how things work today man.
I mostly liked Tilly’s moderation. Yes, it does seem that once on the inside, the dark powers overcame you, and in your zeal to prove that you’re not biased, you went pretty far over the line.
This is what kills me. How in the world can you even know that. Deleted posts disappear with no trace. How do you know I was not deleting libs and cons equally?

Look I am not here to defend GC. I really like both sites. Both have amazing members, and some of you guys I simply missed. Nothing more. I am not here to compare or any of that. I told Ox when I signed up, it was just to reconnect. Heck several invited me to come over.

GGG, You of all bother me. I literally just mentioned you in the mod forum as one of the good guys that we let get away. What the heck man.

Anyways, I have already started participating on the sports boards here, and will continue. I also love GC and will continue doing what is asked of me in my roll there.

But if you think I am being silent behind the scenes about all of this, you are a million miles off base.

Now let's hang 70 on CSU on Saturday. Go Gators!

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Just imagine how completely devoid of any human merit you have to be to get yourself banned from THFSG when you're a liberal. So completely over-the-top with your *******ry that, despite all your haranguing and baiting of the right-wingers, even gatornana can't stand to have you around. Wow. That is truly impressive.
Wow....no truer words have ever been spoken.:fistbump:

Tilly

Aug 27, 2018
Blah, blah, blah. You were complicit in everything that went on over there, because you knew about their anti-conservative bias and disparate application of the rules, but allowed them to use you for the purpose of saying, "See? We're fair, we have a conservative moderator!"

If you want to impress us, go turn in your moderator badge right now, like you should've done long ago. That'll be a start.

Otherwise, my only question for you is, which part of, "nobody's interested in entertaining any arguments in defense of yourselves or that other site" did you not understand?

If you're not over here trying to defend Gator Country or recruit posters from this site to that one, then stop mentioning that one.
Is blah blah blah...code for you have no public answer for your incorrect assessments? I did not mention it until this thread was started. A thread I was invited to by MULTIPLE participants of, and welcomed by many. I was already active on the sports board here yesterday with the Tre Mann news. Heck, I think I was the first to post it imagine that.

But for the record, I moderate way more than TH. And was asked to do that years ago. Way before the Trump firestorm.

But We're cool. I will move on past this subject as long as I am not tagged to add my two cents. Or further commented to IRT this subject.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

GGG, You of all bother me. I literally just mentioned you in the mod forum as one of the good guys that we let get away. What the heck man.

Now let's hang 70 on CSU on Saturday. Go Gators!

You didn't say anything about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about hanging 70.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
A decade ago? That is not how things work today man.

Just offering what I know. Some of the players have changed, some are the same. But what I remember is entirely consistent with what some of the modern complaints are.

I'm not even a part of this exodus - I don't post on Too Hot, even under one of my alts (I have a lot - I'm sure you know a few of them).

Tilly

Aug 27, 2018
Just offering what I know. Some of the players have changed, some are the same. But what I remember is entirely consistent with what some of the modern complaints are.

I'm not even a part of this exodus - I don't post on Too Hot, even under one of my alts (I have a lot - I'm sure you know a few of them).
LOL...I am not the IP police. Some are better at that than me... but yes...there are rumors that you have an alias or two. ;)

DaveFla

Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2018
Is blah blah blah...code for you have no public answer for your incorrect assessments? I did not mention it until this thread was started. A thread I was invited to by MULTIPLE participants of, and welcomed by many. I was already active on the sports board here yesterday with the Tre Mann news. Heck, I think I was the first to post it imagine that.

But for the record, I moderate way more than TH. And was asked to do that years ago. Way before the Trump firestorm.

But We're cool. I will move on past this subject as long as I am not tagged to add my two cents. Or further commented to IRT this subject.

Ahhh, yes. The rivergator answer...

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Guys, I think tilly has come in peace and let's approach things in that spirit. He's certainly someone who's opinion I valued over there and will be a good poster here too (was the first to break the bball player news in the sports section).

If he's ok with things over there, it's his decision. We shouldn't pressure him to resign in protest if he's comfortable with both boards and isn't trying to shill for the other site (which I havent seen). Anyone who wants us to drop 70+ on Saturday is welcome in my book.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I can't wait to see the Blue Wave turn Blood Red like the Nile during the Exodus

Swap Gas TH will meltdown

And when Mullen turns this ship around

Mark my words, Chatter will be dominant

Where politically we are free

And it's okay to criticize the coaching without hating team

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I’ve heard a number of the new members mention that they are simply staying away from the political side of Gator Country, and that their sports forum is still the best. I can honestly tell you that our sports side of this forum obliterates any other board out there, and if you stick around you will see it. There’s no reason to ever go back to GC.

Five years from now our forum will be bigger, and 10 years from now our forum will be WAY bigger.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
By the way, I’ve heard a number of the new members mention that they are simply staying away from the political side of Gator Country, and that their sports forum is still the best. I can honestly tell you that our sports side of this forum obliterates any other board out there, and if you stick around you will see it. There’s no reason to ever go back to GC.

I still read it, but not sure I agree with the assertion that it is the "best".

I am here for the count.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We will dominate.

Do we have spell check? Mine is not working

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do we have spell check? Mine is not working
Spell check has nothing to do with this software, it's your browser. I'm using Chrome and it underlines words that are misspelled right here as I'm typing.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Five years from now our forum will be bigger, and 10 years from now our forum will be WAY bigger.

Offseason is tough; but with football starting back up, traffic should pick up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator