Well this is about to get really interesting.......

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You're welcome to rejoice with us. Surely, your own roller coaster ride is approaching.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I may have to hang out with you guy's the next week or so. I have a feeling this is going to be fun. :sohappy:
I remember you telling me a few years ago how much you really liked Butch and thought he was the long-term answer. What happened?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I read one post over there where some guy said Butch was battled tested and that Gruden had been out of coaching for over 10 years, Just the fact that anyone thinking Butch was battle tested is clearly not thinking rationally.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I read one post over there where some guy said Butch was battled tested and that Gruden had been out of coaching for over 10 years, Just the fact that anyone thinking Butch was battle tested is clearly not thinking rationally.

No he's certainly battle tested, the test was a failure.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I remember you telling me a few years ago how much you really liked Butch and thought he was the long-term answer. What happened?

I still like Butch. Good man, good recruiter. Awful developer of talent and atrocious at hiring coordinators. However what will have him unemployed very soon is his stubbornness. Oh and losing a combined 86-7 to Georgia and Bama doesn't help matters. So Ox, that is pretty much what happened.

I cannot wait to see how these coaching searches transpire. Bad news for us (Tenn) but will still be fun to watch. I hope for both our sakes Tex A&M doesn't get involved in a search with us.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I still like Butch. Good man, good recruiter. Awful developer of talent and atrocious at hiring coordinators. However what will have him unemployed very soon is his stubbornness. Oh and losing a combined 86-7 to Georgia and Bama doesn't help matters. So Ox, that is pretty much what happened.

I cannot wait to see how these coaching searches transpire. Bad news for us (Tenn) but will still be fun to watch. I hope for both our sakes Tex A&M doesn't get involved in a search with us.

No, what should have gotten him fired on the spot was 1st down and goal on the UF 1 yd. line and he allows a 50 yd. sideways pass to be thrown, instead of giving the ball to Jon Kelly, who UF could not tackle all day. 3 pass plays in a row, 3 plays later FG, UT chokes a game they should have won, sealing the season fate and Butch's fate. the fact that he has not been fired yet shows that the UT admin is dumber than we thought they were.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

A&M definitely needs to keep all their money and stay out of the coaching search game till next year!

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
No, what should have gotten him fired on the spot was 1st down and goal on the UF 1 yd. line and he allows a 50 yd. sideways pass to be thrown, instead of giving the ball to Jon Kelly, who UF could not tackle all day. 3 pass plays in a row, 3 plays later FG, UT chokes a game they should have won, sealing the season fate and Butch's fate. the fact that he has not been fired yet shows that the UT admin is dumber than we thought they were.

Trust me my friend, I agree. That was painful to watch. I can live with losing to the Gators, but to lose that way was awful.

Rumor I'm hearing is that Fulmer (special advisor the president) is dead set against firing a coach until seasons end. Now I'm not saying that is what will happen but it does seem they are listening to him. However the move Florida made today has got to get them moving in a hurry.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's no doubt it will be interesting. We'll see how things with UT will progress. Will they handle it like hiring Jones?

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
There's no doubt it will be interesting. We'll see how things with UT will progress. Will they handle it like hiring Jones?

I hope not. There is a new twist to this coaching search for us that was missing with the previous two. Charlie Ergen is back in the picture this time around so that should be good for us. If we hire some donkey Ive never heard of I will be buying Titans season tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.