What do you expect from the first game?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I expect us to run it down their throats.

I'd like to see that mentality. I really can't remember any time in the last three years when it looked like the Gators had decided they were the bigger, stronger, meaner team and were going to leave no room for their opponents to doubt it. Even against teams like North Texas it didn't look that way.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where to post this but here seems ok...
My expectations for the season are...
9-3 is a good season
8-4 is disappointingly average
Anything less and I'm going back to not caring anymore.

What I want to see...
*A fun product to watch - Easy there boy. Tone your expectations.
*Improvement as the season goes on not getting worse and worse - Fully expect.
*plays that I can't predict before the game has even started ie run on 2nd & 10 or play action on 3rd and long - some improvement here, but you want get rich from it.
*aggressive defensive play - I think you will see this.
*aggressive special teams - I'd like to see this, but I'm not turning blue.
*aggressive offensive line - The area I expect us to feast. We may get beaten at times, but I think we will show some meanness here.
*blowout teams we should to get backups playing time and be competitive in games we are over matched in - don't you turn blue.
*not quitting after 1 or 2 quarters - good improvement here. We will be in most games.
Agree...but with caveats

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think FF struggles but has enough good plays. Trask comes in and lights it up and everyone will call for him to be the starter next week

g8orbill

OldGator
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2018
constant and complete effort
there will be blips on the screen that we will have to work on-the biggest improvement is always between games 1 and 2

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I said this in truth's thread, but if we struggle at all it will be a big disappointment.

We should score on every drive unless there's a turnover or end of the half/game. This team is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know what to expect. I want to see some hard hitting guys flying around on defense, aggressive special teams and an offense that plays like they have a coach. Is that too much to ask?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don’t know what to expect. I want to see some hard hitting guys flying around on defense, aggressive special teams and an offense that plays like they have a coach. Is that too much to ask?
No.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Charleston Southern also managed just 2 first downs vs. MSU last year. If we steamroll them, I'll be happy for a scrimmage against a much weaker team. But I won't put any stock in it due to the weakness of Charleston.

If we don't, I'll be worried.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We've never been that far apart on this. You just devoted an entire year trying to slap me.

I have repeatedly said so. I never thought either QB were good. I just was giving Trask credit for pushing a 4 star as hard as he did after coming from a place and situation that nobody thought he would or could. I have said over and over that I believe he is a better passer than Franks but have also always said he isn't an SEC caliber QB. He is however a good kid and a good gator. Oh and you need some serious slapping and I will always look for an opportunity.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Dumper Nation Unite cause tomorrow you scatter like cockroaches! Go Gators!!

I’m an optimist but honestly NOTHING can happen in this game to conclusively answer our questions in a positive way. We’re facing a complete team of UF walk-on talent. If Franks looks pretty good we will look a bit more hopefully to next week’s opportunity to improve. That’s about it.

Things are highly unlikely to happen that will confirm negative perceptions. Charleston is that overmatched. But if our OL can’t get push, if our DL gets pushed, if we miss tackles, throw picks etc. then the dumpers will howl, and rightly so.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah its like we can't win either way. Its like if we win big its, "oh well its an overmatched opponent" and if we only win by 2 TDs then its, "told ya Mullen was garbage". Gotta complain either way. Can't we just enjoy a blowout win and hope for a bright future and feel good for once?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator