What have we learned so far this season? Gators Edition

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What changes do you see being made for Mizzou?

A. Kyree Campbell returns
B. Wilson benched for Hill
C. Stiner benched for anybody else
D. Burney position change
E. Diabate position change
Alex.
There is no position for Burney and Diabete to change to so long as we keep playing a nickel corner/"star" lite every play.

I suppose we could go to a real hybrid Star but that would require completely throwing away Grantham's silly ass playbook.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is no position for Burney and Diabete to change to so long as we keep playing a nickel corner/"star" lite every play.

I suppose we could go to a real hybrid Star but that would require completely throwing away Grantham's silly ass playbook.

Try to fix it make it better using Grantham's scheme and our existing players.

Fcuk this is hard.

OK,

DL: Cox Slaton Campbell (?) Carter
(Moon and Bogle backing up outside)
(Dexter and ??? backing up inside)

LB: :facepalm:

CB: Hill Elam
(backed up by McWilliams, Kimbrough, and Johnson one of whom is the nickel star)

SS: Amari Burney
(backed up by Trey Dean)

FS: Shawn Davis
(backed up by Rashad Torrence)

OK...back to LB...who the fcuk is left???

LB: Miller Houston Diabate
(apparently we don't have any back ups)

I know that looks like a 4-3 but Cox is only around 240 so he's more of a LB anyway.

That still sucks but it is an improvement. Maybe. This is making my head hurt.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SS: Amari Burney
(backed up by Trey Dean)
There no real strong safety either. There are two free safeties and their roles are interchangeable, ie if the offense goes in motion and changes the strong side.

To do something else would require a whole lot of new playbook.

Is there any doubt why we suck vs the run?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I always thought he was trying to play the Steeler’s D, but without the personnel or brains...

Of course they don’t really play it anymore either..

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought he was trying to play the Steeler’s D, but without the personnel or brains...

Of course they don’t really play it anymore either..

Dick Lebeau is what, 83? Can we hire him as an analyst?

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the Steelers played one DT, one DE, and two OLBs on the DL, one LB and one safety at LB, three corners and two FS, then it would be exactly the same.

honestly don't remember anything even slightly similar to that out of the Steelers.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
What changes do you see being made for Mizzou?

A. Kyree Campbell returns
B. Wilson benched for Hill
C. Stiner benched for anybody else
D. Burney position change
E. Diabate position change

Alex.
Maybe Campbell returns. I don’t see any of the other happening

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So why is Grantham trying to do what he is doing and refusing to make adjustments? Is he looking at a change in offensive strategy in the SEC or something? Its almost as if he thinks he is in the Big12. He states he is doing things the same way as he did at MSU but he had a whole lot of meat on the LOS while at MSU.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
So why is Grantham trying to do what he is doing and refusing to make adjustments? Is he looking at a change in offensive strategy in the SEC or something? Its almost as if he thinks he is in the Big12. He states he is doing things the same way as he did at MSU but he had a whole lot of meat on the LOS while at MSU.
Is this your first season watching Dwag Choker?

He never changes anything.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Is this your first season watching Dwag Choker?

He never changes anything.

Then explain why while at MSU he had a bunch of big DL. He has def changed his philosophy in recruiting.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Then explain why while at MSU he had a bunch of big DL. He has def changed his philosophy in recruiting.
I must admit, I didn’t follow his entire stint at Cowbell, but he wasn’t there long, was he?

Did he recruit those big ugliest at Cowbell? I’m guessing he didn’t, but can’t say for sure.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
he was there one year. he didn't recruit them.

Ah. That makes sense. Well it further makes his statement ridiculously stupid by referencing his time at MSU as if he did there what he is doing here. And if further validates why our defense was good the first two years while he was here and why it sucks now. This is his strategy being employed by the players he recruited and it is failing.

And I am really starting to be ready for Mullen to move on. I was a Mullen homer. I recognize the things he has done to get our team out of the dumpster fire and back on the O side of ball. But its becoming painfully obvious that there is truth in the complaints about his unwillingness to make the changes on his staff that need to be made.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I recognize the things he has done to get our team out of the dumpster fire and back on the O side of ball.
what do you think the O will look like with EJ and no Pitts?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
what do you think the O will look like with EJ and no Pitts?

I think it will maintain as long as we recruit the LOS. We have a solid group of RBs and decent WRs. I think EJ is solid and will be successful. And dont take my comment 'out of the dumpster fire' as meaning it is perfect. It is just not the decade of failure offense it has been. It is moving in the right direction. Credit given where credit deserved. This really is not much different than when Chump was here but it has flipped to the other side of the ball.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It will be 50-60th, because that's what Mullinz do.

I am not a fan of his offenses. I prefer to watch something else. But it is very much improved. What I do worry about is EJ or AR transferring. But what does it matter ... this ship is starting to sink. The unplug holes are starting to reach point of no return and dont think Mullen will be able to do much about it. And I dont think Strickland or this UAA will do anything about Mullens any time soon. We are destined to be 2-3 place in the east for the next 5 years.

Go Bucs.

Sigh.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That fat turd says he won’t change philosophy because he got 10th ranked defenses at MSU and here.

yeah, with other coaches’ recruits *******.

his staff has not recruited DL and LBs and supplied us with stick men that people break in half, and his tinker bell system plays people in positions they aren’t suited for.

fcuk him.

offensive improvement is not enough when you have an idiot imploding your defense.

At this point, I can’t take Dan’s tenure seriously until he harpoons that whale.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Humphries, the one defensive tackle we landed in the first two classes, doesn't deserve six snaps.

he look like someone drafted a kid out of the band.

I'm sure there have to be Walk-Ons that are better than him.

Kid was a good recruit from what I remember and I was happy we got him over LSU. Went to the Opening I think. Smh

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator