What I Love About UF

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
:wtf:
That's funny.
Spent many a night swimming and drinking in the bat caves just west of Jonesville, north side of Hwy 26, just before you get Newberry.

I grew up out there, still never heard of them. Near the horse farm or further east on SR26?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Some are mentioning restaurants they miss so I will chime in.

It was not on campus but Ashley's in Butler Plaza served the best wings I have ever had. It was a basketball pregame ritual for us throughout the 80's and into the 90's. It closed 8-9 years ago.........so sad

That place really went down hill in the year or two before they closed. It was great in it's prime though. The giant margaritas were a draw.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just loved the energy. Every day and night there was something going on. It might have been a concert, a demonstration, a party, a football, basketball, baseball game, a rally, intramural sports, or just nightly sit down dinner with all my bros at the frat house. Always something going on to be a part of.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I loved the whole experience - especially being on my own after my family dropped me off at Murphree dorms and thinking...Ok ..what the hell do I do now?
The good Gator Growls (Robin Williams).
Road trips to Jax for the WLOCP and bringing home the goal post cross bar one year to plant in the front yard of the frat house.

Celebration at the intersection of Univ and 13th street when we won the SEC in '84.
And...
I remember when I was six years old and I watched my Dad go across the stage to get his UF diploma (the first ever college grad in his family) ...
I yelled "That's my Daddy!".
And I remember when I graduated seventeen years later to the day and I crossed the stage I heard him yell .."That's my son!".

Good times...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I am way too angry and I call people names all the time. I'll try to tone that down.
Nope, not angry... just extremely condescending, and you confirm it with virtually every post you make. Carry on.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up out there, still never heard of them. Near the horse farm or further east on SR26?
East of the horse farm I believe - it's been nearly 30 years though.
Google bat caves Newberry FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.