What if Spurrier never left? (Buddy Martin story)

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Don't forget the free golf at Augusta and other peaks he got to keep... I bet that was worth more than the 200k to him. I can't remember if he got to keep that aspect regardless.

I was under the impression that he is a member of Augusta National and that once you're in, you're in for life. If that is the case, he doesn't need to stay at USC to keep that perk.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier didn't want any part of a 5 year contractual buy out from Carolina which he could have made them pay by getting fired. They are paying him $200k a year to be an "ambassador" for them as a substitute probably for his generosity.

He wants to be involved with a football team, even if it is high school as he loves the camaraderie. Hopefully Mac can get creative, but it would be a delicate situation IMO.

I doubt he needs the money. Also, his entire family is in the Columbia area except for one daughter in Panama City.

How about a Gainesville High School.?? Hey, pull a Harbaugh by us getting a nest of retired good
CFB coaches at high schools surrounding Gainesville -- all with full visitation passes to our facilities.
How about some Gator alumni with that power to convert/start an IMG academy in Gainesville ?
How 'bout .. how 'bout ...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive Consultant to Mac. In other words, stay at the condo at Crescent Beach, drive over to UF 2 or 3 days a week and work with the young QB's and draw up some ball plays.

Spurrier-Griffin Stadium has a real nice ring to it. We should never rename Florida Field however, it was dedicated to those who served and died in WW I.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Miscommunication then. He obviously would abide by contractual obligations, he's just that sincere & that kind of man. Let there be no doubt about where his allegiance rests however, he often states "once a Gator, always a Gator".
Let's be clear , you and I may disagree "over there" but on SOS we are in complete agreement.:fistbump:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

mm1NATY.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was under the impression that he is a member of Augusta National and that once you're in, you're in for life. If that is the case, he doesn't need to stay at USC to keep that perk.

I have no clue, could be.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about a Gainesville High School.?? Hey, pull a Harbaugh by us getting a nest of retired good
CFB coaches at high schools surrounding Gainesville -- all with full visitation passes to our facilities.
How about some Gator alumni with that power to convert/start an IMG academy in Gainesville ?
How 'bout .. how 'bout ...

Could do that at P.K. Yonge, since they can get player from where ever and they are affiliated with the University

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator