Whatever happened to Thursday night football?

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
It's exactly why we stopped playing on Thursday night, Spurrier hated it, felt he didn't get a full week of prep in. So it was stopped for us. It's good for schools like USF, UCF, etc.. to get the national spot light, because on Saturdays it's about the P5.
Yeah, at some point he flip flopped on that. We had a ton of Thursday night games under Spurrier. Maybe he thought we needed the exposure. Of course most of them were season openers, which gave us two extra days for the next opponent. I think at one point we opened 5 of 6 seasons on Thursday night.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, at some point he flip flopped on that. We had a ton of Thursday night games under Spurrier. . .
He laughed at Clown Town doing Thurs night games when he was a Championship coach for us.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
For me it was FSU's first ACC loss, it was a Thursday night vs Virginia Nov 2nd 1995.

Wife was a grad student at UVA at the time, huge football fan (chose undergrad at UF by coming down and catching WLOCP, never saw campus). They stormed the field and had a grand weekend.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, at some point he flip flopped on that. We had a ton of Thursday night games under Spurrier. Maybe he thought we needed the exposure. Of course most of them were season openers, which gave us two extra days for the next opponent. I think at one point we opened 5 of 6 seasons on Thursday night.

Mainly, SOS used the extra two days to prep for UGA most years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.