Which player is the leader of this team?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who I ask you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would Tabor and Davis on defense...no idea on the other side of the ball.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In all seriousness, Davis. But getting unforced personal fouls is poor leadership.

Hopefully Del Rio will be a good leader. Someone needs to step up on that OL. Complete lack of discipline or urgency from that entire group.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Good question. Right now a leader has yet to emerge. One might say partly in jest that Eddy Piniero is the leader because of his enthusiasm and ability, but if a team has a field goal kicker who is the leader then that is a team in trouble. (Nothing against field goal kickers).

Luke Del Rio just doesn't impress me right now as a true leader, a take charge kind of guy who is going to be at his best when the chips are down and the game is on the line. I don't know if you saw any of the Alabama game, but their freshman quarterback, Jalen Hurts, really emerged as a leader in the USC game. There was a scene on the side line when he was sitting in a chair and the rest of the offensive was sitting in front of him and he was holding forth like a veteran and the others were buying in.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Davis. But there is none on offense. Jake Allen will be a leader the day he steps on campus. But other than that we have nobody. It's a shame.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I would Tabor and Davis on defense...no idea on the other side of the ball.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! A player who constantly gets beat in space and then commits stupid, mental personal foul penalties is no leader (Davis). A guy who who gets suspended and constantly seems to be in the doghouse or on the edge of it can't be a leader (Tabor). In all honesty if their is a leader on defense it would be Anzalone, but since he is never consistently on the field, he is not eligible. Perhaps Cox Jr., so I would say no one.

On Offense, it would be LDR, only b/c he seems not to do stupid things on the field or off and has a grasp of whats going on and does not seem panicked. It can't be an o-lineman b/c they all get beat often and no one else qualifies.

So that leaves Eddy. A guy who has been here for 5 minutes and the only one who shows guts and legitimate enthusiasm. probably b/c it was his first game, so he can;t be the leader (yet).

With all that said the answer is obviously no one. The head coach should be the leader but will all know there is zero chance of that happening!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
LDR on offense.

On defense you would think it would be Maye and Wilson but I noticed they were big timing the rest of the defense last night. I was really disappointed in this. While the rest of the defense came off the field and went to their defensive groups on the sideline Maye and Wilson would walk off separately with each other and completely ignore the rest of the defense. They kept to themselves on the sidelines. No cheering, no going over and coaching up young guys like Putu. They acted like a couple of divas too good to talk to the others. Wilson is one of my favorite players on this team but I was a little shocked to see this.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Del Rio was certainly directing traffic all night, maybe to some degree because of changes at WR. He knows the O and can carry out the plan, didn't really panic and got rid of the ball when he needed to. It's him on O, but I think there's room for improvement in that he needs to fully grasp it.
On D, it should be Davis and Tabor. Maye is another good candidate.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

This.

Anzalone strikes me as a natural leader. Not sure we have one on offense, which could be a problem. You want your quarterback to be a leader, but until he earns it on the field Del Rio can't assume it. That could all change over the coming weeks.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This.

Anzalone strikes me as a natural leader. Not sure we have one on offense, which could be a problem. You want your quarterback to be a leader, but until he earns it on the field Del Rio can't assume it. That could all change over the coming weeks.
If he can stay on the field he will be on defense, but over all it will be from the river

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tre Massey and there lies the problem.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Wether he's good or not, Del Rio is a leader. He should have calmed the offense, got the line to stop moping around and line up, but he didn't. Hopefully they point it out to him what he missed in that aspect because he epically failed.

Defense, Brantley should be one in some aspect. Davis should be one and LOL at Tabor. He's a chump with no leadership quality in his body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.