Which player is the leader of this team?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Davis. But there is none on offense. Jake Allen will be a leader the day he steps on campus. But other than that we have nobody. It's a shame.

I thought David Sharpe was the leader for OL.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LDR was running the show and directing traffic. Not in the ways that we are used to (Tebow) but as he emerges at the QB he'll step that up too. Anzalone would be another. He was like a mad man on D last night. He needs to be in a boot from post game to warm up next week. Perhaps a protective bubble and he can do classes online.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's been such a gap since LDR was on-field real-game leader that he needs a special
take-charge QB signature series to light his fire. Anzalone & Davis make good D captains.
And the fire-'em up "we're gonna score" sideline captain should be Eddy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LDR will have to produce on the field to be really looked up to by the players. That is how it usually is for those QBs like him. Hopefully he does that these next few games.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Sitting in row 49 I casually said " Hope Anzallone can stay healthy, He's a beast"..... Before the game the folks in front of me wondered what I wanted to see and I muttered "Offense". Took just over 3 qtrs. to see #2 come to fruition.... Glad to see #1 stay healthy enough to finish the game

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are still waiting until Leadership by execution takes hold. If LDR can maturate starting from game 1 with execution that assists others in winning... Leader. Here's to that happening. On D, I'm kind of liking that Zuniga kid and see why we missed Anzalone... agree, Davis you're the man but geez get control of yourself brother.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I started this thread because I didn't know who the leaders were. Sounds like we don't have any.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think we are still waiting until Leadership by execution takes hold. If LDR can maturate starting from game 1 with execution that assists others in winning... Leader. Here's to that happening. On D, I'm kind of liking that Zuniga kid and see why we missed Anzalone... agree, Davis you're the man but geez get control of yourself brother.
I think that's what it's gonna take. They prolly respect his football IQ but need to see him make the clutch throws when it matters. Then he can rally them.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are so definitive about things of which you have very little evidence. I guess I'll be definitive too.

Leaders on Offense
Luke Del Rio - without a doubt he is a leader and, if he stays healthy, will grow in that role throughout the season
Brandon Powell - respected leader
Antonio Callaway - needs to get his personal life in order, but engages team mates and has their respect for his play

Leaders on Defense
Jarrad Davis - unquestioned leader on our team and defense
Marcus Maye
Jalen Tabor
Alex Anzalone

Some of these guys are leaders in different way, but they're all leaders.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are so definitive about things of which you have very little evidence. I guess I'll be definitive too.

Leaders on Offense
Luke Del Rio - without a doubt he is a leader and, if he stays healthy, will grow in that role throughout the season
Brandon Powell - respected leader
Antonio Callaway - needs to get his personal life in order, but engages team mates and has their respect for his play

Leaders on Defense
Jarrad Davis - unquestioned leader on our team and defense
Marcus Maye
Jalen Tabor
Alex Anzalone

Some of these guys are leaders in different way, but they're all leaders.
I agree with everything you said but one. I'm sorry, I just don't see "Teez" Tabor as a "leader". I just don't. I know you said some lead in different ways which leaves room for interpretation and he's clearly one of the most naturally gifted players we have. I expect his on field production to be extraordinary... but I don't expect a lot of leadership out of him. He's more of a "good soldier" than a "Colonel".

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with everything you said but one. I'm sorry, I just don't see "Teez" Tabor as a "leader". I just don't. I know you said some lead in different ways which leaves room for interpretation and he's clearly one of the most naturally gifted players we have. I expect his on field production to be extraordinary... but I don't expect a lot of leadership out of him. He's more of a "good soldier" than a "Colonel".

I appreciate your thoughts and I'd be pushing him to be a better person off the field so that his on-field leadership wouldn't be compromised. Still, I think he does play a leadership role on the team. Exhibit #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.