Whine Down Wednesday

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread would not be necessary if Swampy Law Donkey were still with us.

1.) We couldn't stop #80. UGly has 3 even better TE's. Better fix it.
2.) Special teams... not so special. Work on it.
3.) We have average kickers. Better go for it often. Scared money don't make money.
4.) Few if any deep shots. I guess we're saving them.
5.) Under 200 yards passing. AssDonkey not pleased.
He emails me all the time. Overall he's pleased with Napier. Here's an exact quote:

"It is the first time since the early Chimp years I actually want to watch the game again and focus on each position group, as I used to love to do."

And here's another one:

"Richardson is what we thought he was but man my ass puckers every time he runs. They HAVE to get out of this run run pass or run run run mindset. If he takes a big hit, we have some dude from the band playing QB, who is still better than Miller.

I hope somewhere Dildo Dan is having his wife refuse to stick her tongue in his preferred orifices and asking his dumb ass why he thought EJ was better and cost her millions and millions more."

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I hope somewhere Dildo Dan is having his wife refuse to stick her tongue in his preferred orifices and asking his dumb ass why he thought EJ was better and cost her millions and millions more."

:lmao:

This legit made me laugh out loud and made my day. Thanks for sharing.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He emails me all the time. Overall he's pleased with Napier. Here's an exact quote:

"It is the first time since the early Chimp years I actually want to watch the game again and focus on each position group, as I used to love to do."

And here's another one:

"Richardson is what we thought he was but man my ass puckers every time he runs. They HAVE to get out of this run run pass or run run run mindset. If he takes a big hit, we have some dude from the band playing QB, who is still better than Miller.

Everybody misses him and his antics….just bring him back already

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Don’t remember the exact time of the game but we had the ball fairly deep on the north end, maybe our own 10 or 15. Ran two zone reads for zilch then a play action swing pass to the short side for not much. That would be my only play calling complaint.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My whines:

1. People bagging on the WRs. Remind me again how many passes they dropped. They were running good routes, caught the ball when they had the opportunity, and blocked well on the edge in the run game. Do we lack flat out speed and a dynamic gamechanger? Yes. Is that the current crop's fault? Not at all. Another note on their discipline, on the long AR15 touchdown run, none of the receivers broke their routes off and ran their man back into the scramble side of the field. It's an often overlooked thing, but running a flood concept like they were (to the right side of the field) inherently opens up the other side for the QB to run against man coverage. We're probably not going to see highlight reel plays out of our receivers this year often, but I'm confident they can get open and come up with the catch when we really need them.

2. People bagging on the defense. Toney runs a bend but don't break defense, so get used to seeing what we saw on Saturday. We made a ton of little mental errors while playing in a new system Saturday night, but give the defense credit for coming up with big stops in the redzone that ultimately won the game for us. It might not look the prettiest right now, but that's the most disciplined we've played on defense in years around here. We have a lot to clean up, but I was encouraged with what I saw. I can count on one hand the amount of times we had guys duck making a form tackle for a lunge at the feet. Contrast that to Grantham's defense and you would swear we had all new players on defense. As for Cox getting a lot of attention for being out of position at times, I'm hesitant to jump on that bandwagon without knowing the defensive call. Toney's been known to intentionally crash the DE down then loop a LB behind him to defend against the read option. Since that would be a called concept on a particular play, it can look really bad when the offense isn't running a read-option. Overall I was really happy with his effort in the game and think he's starting to finally reach his potential. He can do better and I think he will. Someone change his Twitter password please.

3. Special teams. For the love of everything holy we need to get better in all phases of special teams. Hoping to see marked improvement there in the Kentucky game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My whines:

1. People bagging on the WRs. Remind me again how many passes they dropped. They were running good routes, caught the ball when they had the opportunity, and blocked well on the edge in the run game. Do we lack flat out speed and a dynamic gamechanger? Yes. Is that the current crop's fault? Not at all. Another note on their discipline, on the long AR15 touchdown run, none of the receivers broke their routes off and ran their man back into the scramble side of the field. It's an often overlooked thing, but running a flood concept like they were (to the right side of the field) inherently opens up the other side for the QB to run against man coverage. We're probably not going to see highlight reel plays out of our receivers this year often, but I'm confident they can get open and come up with the catch when we really need them.

2. People bagging on the defense. Toney runs a bend but don't break defense, so get used to seeing what we saw on Saturday. We made a ton of little mental errors while playing in a new system Saturday night, but give the defense credit for coming up with big stops in the redzone that ultimately won the game for us. It might not look the prettiest right now, but that's the most disciplined we've played on defense in years around here. We have a lot to clean up, but I was encouraged with what I saw. I can count on one hand the amount of times we had guys duck making a form tackle for a lunge at the feet. Contrast that to Grantham's defense and you would swear we had all new players on defense. As for Cox getting a lot of attention for being out of position at times, I'm hesitant to jump on that bandwagon without knowing the defensive call. Toney's been known to intentionally crash the DE down then loop a LB behind him to defend against the read option. Since that would be a called concept on a particular play, it can look really bad when the offense isn't running a read-option. Overall I was really happy with his effort in the game and think he's starting to finally reach his potential. He can do better and I think he will. Someone change his Twitter password please.

3. Special teams. For the love of everything holy we need to get better in all phases of special teams. Hoping to see marked improvement there in the Kentucky game.

Pearsall is a known commodity. But I saw glimpses of Henderson that make me think he’s close to breaking out. He’s my pick for surprise going forward.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know I yelled ‘play calling’ more than once; at least for every sideways screen. :gah:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are brainless, but I'll say it yet again: he does NOT want to come back. He wanted out in the first place.

I don’t miss him at all.

I too can be very negative when I am given justifiable cause such as McElwain, Mullen, or especially Mike White but I can be just as positive when given just cause. Donk was so negative all the time and it wears on all of us and created a funk around chatter similar to the funk that surrounded the athletic program.

Sunny days are ahead for both football and basketball so we have no need for the constant depression and negativity.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I know I yelled ‘play calling’ more than once; at least for every sideways screen. :gah:
We need to change something on setting those up. Seems like we had 2 blockers to 4 tacklers every time.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My whines:

Ditto.

Especially the "Game Changer" team.

Complete garbage. We have major issues with depth on our roster. We have a very young team.

The BEST way (IMO) to mitigate some of that is with special teams. A "Meyer" or "Beamer" like unit.

I thought BN got it with naming them "Game Changers".

Do better.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too risky. It’d be like when Zed told Maynard to bring out the Gimp.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator