Who Do We NOT Want To Replace Mullen?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ok Ox, can we take Lame Kittens name and do a cancel? In other words can his name be blocked out like the F word is? If someone suggests him all we see is *********

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
In the real world, the best way to fill the Head Coach position would be to see what our "weapons/tools" are and find someone that's a fit to that. What coach (current head coach or O.C somewhere) could take a generational talent like AR and turn him into: 1.) A leader like Tebow was 2.) Crazy sick beast of a QB where every defense in America would fear him 3.) Knows how to recruit his ass off like he's going door to door selling vacuum cleaners to put food on his family's table?

My point is we have AR for I'm assuming 2 more years if he balls out. We need someone that can call plays that puts AR in best position to lead this team to championships. Someone that isn't play calling conservative like Mullen did so often. Someone that holds themselves, each staff member and every single player accountable. That cares about special teams. That can communicate and relate to the media and boosters. That doesn't have that "doe in a headlight" look 20 times a day like Mullen.

No coach out there currently stands out at me as an offensive genius that could turn AR into a Heisman Trophy winner AND still draw up plays for his backup. But IMO, whoever makes the decision on who to hire to replace Mullen needs to take into account who can take AR and his skill set and turn him into a Championship QB.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The second one was always a sticking point for me. But I’m not sure it’s realistic at this point. At the end of the day, we’re likely either getting that or someone recently fired because of the circumstances. It’s not 2002, 2004 or 2010 any more. Someone is walking into some serious issues and now two behemoths in our conference. We saw how well we cherry picked last time. Unfortunately we are in full “roll the dice” mode this go around.
Mostly we will get a retread or a coordinator because the powers that be do not want to spend what is necessary. The sad thing is they have, or could probably get, the money necessary to bring in a Lincoln Riley (or whoever) and promise him he can have whatever he wants. Not that that’s what will happen of course.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
archie-bunker.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads