Founding Member
I refuse to pick Bama, plus I don't think Coker will have a good season

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Ole Miss will be this years Auburn.

Auburn is all smoke and mirrors, Bama is due for an off year, LSU is a year away, TAM is too young, Miss State is Miss State and Arky is just not talented enough.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only will Coker suck.... but freakin Kiffin is their OC. I am giddy over the high probabilty that he will absolutely make their offense :kiffin:.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't think Auburn is smoke and mirrors. I personally think they are brilliantly coached (except for the second half of the NC game). I think their running game is going to be extremely hard to stop again, regardless of the players they lost. You want to see an offense execute brilliantly? Watch that 2013 Auburn team play. #1 running game in the entire nation while facing SEC defenses. Remarkable.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29487 said:
I just don't think Auburn is smoke and mirrors. I personally think they are brilliantly coached (except for the second half of the NC game). I think their running game is going to be extremely hard to stop again, regardless of the players they lost. You want to see an offense execute brilliantly? Watch that 2013 Auburn team play. #1 running game in the entire nation while facing SEC defenses. Remarkable.

I think Auburn was one bounce away from losing 4 more games last year. They got almost every lucky bounce last year but lightning doesn't strike twice. They will lose to Bama, LSU and UGA, and probably 1 more along the way... 8 - 4 my prediction for the Barn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n29493 said:
I think Auburn was one bounce away from losing 4 more games last year. They got almost every lucky bounce last year but lightning doesn't strike twice. They will lose to Bama, LSU and UGA, and probably 1 more along the way... 8 - 4 my prediction for the Barn.
No doubt they won games they should have lost, but the defense had a lot to with that. I think their defense will be improved.

We'll see about Bama and LSU, but I think Auburn will stomp UGA into the ground. UGA freaking sucks. We have no excuse for not beating them this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29495 said:
No doubt they won games they should have lost, but the defense had a lot to with that. I think their defense will be improved.

We'll see about Bama and LSU, but I think Auburn will stomp UGA into the ground. UGA freaking sucks. We have no excuse for not beating them this year.

We're going to beat UGA like a red headed step child this year. :headbang:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29495 said:

Auburn last year was much like we were in 2012, a lot of bounces went our way. This year, they could have the bounces go against them similar to us last year. Their offensive system is a machine and is extremely well coached. But a team that lives on the bounce also will die on the bounce. I see Auburn losing 3 this year, and when push comes to shove and their quarterback has to throw. Their offense is suspect.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Auburn is trending up. Last year they had offense, not so much defense. This year the offense is still there, so with improved defense, and the confidence from last year, they are going to be tough. Bama has Kiffen...subtract points. LSU is always tough and the Mississippi's are still going to be the Mississippi's. Auburn's to lose...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n29497 said:
Auburn last year was much like we were in 2012, a lot of bounces went our way. This year, they could have the bounces go against them similar to us last year. Their offensive system is a machine and is extremely well coached. But a team that lives on the bounce also will die on the bounce. I see Auburn losing 3 this year, and when push comes to shove and their quarterback has to throw. Their offense is suspect.
Disagree. I certainly wouldn't call a team with the best rushing attack in the nation "suspect". I also think they'll be more comfortable passing the ball this year.

At any rate, Auburn proved last year you can have an exciting offense with very little passing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29505 said:
Disagree. I certainly wouldn't call a team with the best rushing attack in the nation "suspect". I also think they'll be more comfortable passing the ball this year.

At any rate, Auburn proved last year you can have an exciting offense with very little passing.

There offense is suspect when they are forced to pass, we were also supposed to be more comfortable passing in 2013. And I agree with your closing statement.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like it, and I would love to see them lose 2 or 3, but I think it's Bama. All Coker needs to do is be a game manger with their skill players surrounding him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n29510 said:
There offense is suspect when they are forced to pass, we were also supposed to be more comfortable passing in 2013.
You're really comparing them to us? Their HC is a proven offensive mind. What he did in the first year of a team coming off a 4-8 season was mind-blowing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
There offense is suspect when they are forced to pass, we were also supposed to be more comfortable passing in 2013.
You're really comparing them to us? Their HC is a proven offensive mind. What he did in the first year of a team coming off a 4-8 season was mind-blowing.
One difference is those offensive guys were mostly all recruited by Malzahn before he left to run his offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Not saying it will be as bad as us, as I stated I see only 3 losses. But it wasn't like before the injuries were lighting it up. Now I do agree with Fever's point, but their passing game is still suspect.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go out on a limb and say that either way, the West trophy will reside in the state of Alabama.....

To me, this'll come down to Bammer vs. Barners (with LSU waiting to take advantage of an upset). A&M will be lucky to go .500 in league play and LSU has a lot of holes to fill (though they get Bammer at home). I'm not buying the hype of the Mississippi schools.

Bammer at home in an Iron Bowl is tough to bet against, especially after losing the year before (and this time in remarkable fashion). Yes, Auburn is absolutely on the rise, and I'd feel better about picking them if Little Nicky hadn't introduced that human virus Kiffin to his staff, but how do you pick against them in Bryant-Denny?

Bammer wins the West.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
I'll go out on a limb and say that either way, the West trophy will reside in the state of Alabama.....

To me, this'll come down to Bammer vs. Barners (with LSU waiting to take advantage of an upset). A&M will be lucky to go .500 in league play and LSU has a lot of holes to fill (though they get Bammer at home). I'm not buying the hype of the Mississippi schools.

Bammer at home in an Iron Bowl is tough to bet against, especially after losing the year before (and this time in remarkable fashion). Yes, Auburn is absolutely on the rise, and I'd feel better about picking them if Little Nicky hadn't introduced that human virus Kiffin to his staff, but how do you pick against them in Bryant-Denny?

Bammer wins the West.
Decent points. I'm still leaning towards AU mostly because of the :kiffin: effect.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just think when Auburn is forced to pass, they suck!

Bama has the talent but Karma has to chit on them sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator