Who else felt confident at halftime?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I was completely confident at halftime that UF could come back and win. As others have said, UF had begun to right the ship by half time and the events around the targetting had to get their attention.

I was less confident after UF went 3 and out and Vandy immediately marched deep into UF territory. I think Vandy missing that short field goal that would have put them up by 11 not quite midway into the 3rd quarter was a pretty big deal to keep UF from panicing on offense.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Count me as another that, at the half, was confident we would win.

But thanks to Ox my concern, and fear, was that the Gators wouldn't cover the 9.5 point spread.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Oddly enough, that was the most points we've given up in Nashville since 1982, a game we lost 31-29.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Oddly enough, that was the most points we've given up in Nashville since 1982, a game we lost 31-29.
We arrived in 1989, December. Who was the coach? And I gather we beat them every year since then with the exception the Chumps loss to Franklin. He made a few new records for losses.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We arrived in 1989, December. Who was the coach? And I gather we beat them every year since then with the exception the Chumps loss to Franklin. He made a few new records for losses.
We arrived before December. We arrived before school started that year. Heck, I was at the opening game, the loss to Ole Miss. Got to see Emmitt Smith play.....and Kyle Morris. :ugh:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
At halftime, yes. It was primarily due to how we attacked right before the half. However, before that, I was wondering what team would show up and I was really stoked to see how they took control.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

That was Pell. We were starting to play som good football when vandy surprised us.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Although it’s only Vandy, and we looked like hot garbage for a good while, this was one of the most satisfying wins in a long while.

No way Mac or Muschamp would have overcome the deficit. What’s even better (as the thread title states) I knew we were going to win, even when we were down 8 at half.

Good Coaching, oh how I missed thee. It’s been too long

So it is almost always a struggle to beat Vandy at their place, so this was not really a surprise to me. I have been there too many times when this sort of battle happened.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Not Pell IIRC it was the interim coach Galen Hall.

Hall was hired after the big recruitment violations brought Pell down. But in 89, Hall got busted and resigned mid season to be replaced by interim HC Gary Darnell. We hired Spurrier at the end of the year but his 1990 team wasn’t officially recognized as champs because of the probation Hall incurred. Add in the 1991 SEC champs and we finished at the top of the old unified SEC in each of its last two years.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
After the last 7 years I was sceptical.

We were awful against UK BUT they never quit.

This is a different team. I can't wait to see us in a few years with MULLEN talent.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I was not confident before the game started with all the chatter about getting a big lead so back-ups could get significant playtime. Overconfidence is a horrible thing to waste.

Was never confident we'd win with all the crazy turnovers and Franks running the ball. Always felt we could win even with an 18 point deficit... but confident? No. I didn't even feel mildly comfortable until McPherson's last field goal made it a two score game with so little time left. The superior team won as is usually - but not always - the case.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
We arrived before December. We arrived before school started that year. Heck, I was at the opening game, the loss to Ole Miss. Got to see Emmitt Smith play.....and Kyle Morris. :ugh:

Orlando Sentinel headline after loss to Ole Miss, "Morris Of The Same".

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

Yeah, that game was a shytty way to start a vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator