Who to Blame?

Our Season is effectively over because...

• Total voters

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I'm nearly 58 years old. Based on actuarial tables, I can anticipate 23 more years of watching Gator games. That works out to around 300 games remaining. I'll be damned if I'm going to call this season "effectively over" and miss out on enjoying 1.3% of my remaining Gator games.

I'm pissed that we lost to UGA (I live in GA - losing to them is as bad as losing to FSU is for a Florida resident Gator). I'm not happy that the goal of making the playoffs is over, and that the chances of making the SECCG is very dim. But I'll watch the team with great pride, and expect them to coach and play hard in every remaining game this year, because THAT is the Gator standard. If we win out, including the bowl, and finish 11-2, I'll feel pretty good about this year. If we can pick up some decent recruits on both lines, I'll feel pretty good about the future as well.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion the blame squarely rests on the shoulders of Head Coach Dan Mullen. He brought in a staff to coach at Mississippi State. Not a staff to coach at Florida. He needs to clean house on this staff. Georgia OWNED the line of scrimmage yesterday and Fromm had all day long to find open receivers. UF has the absolute worst OL in the SEC. Georgia DL completely man-handled the OL yesterday.

The only coach I would retain is Billy G. he has the WR's playing well. All other's should be on notice, staring with Third and Grantham...but, based on comments from Dan, I don't see any changes occurring. So, hello second place in the SEC East.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure if anyone who voted for all was including poor player effort but I saw NO ONE on the defense who wanted to bust UGA in the mouth....offensive players screwed up a few times also but I put that on coaching/preparation more than the players effort

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen’s loyalty should be an option. Get rid of your buddies, bro

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have the skill of players the butt sniffers have, but we still played them pretty tight. IMO, it was mostly Grantham's inability to figure out a way to get some pressure on Fromm. Just like against LSU, he had our boys playing off like we were afraid of them. If you don't press, and knock them off their routes, you're making things way too easy on highly skilled receivers and QBs. It makes no sense giving them a free quickie and giving your pass rush no time to get to the QB. Yes, we had instances where nobody got to the QB within 3-4 seconds. That's bad, but a lot of the time it looked like we were trying to get pressure with only 4 guys, 5 once in a blue moon, all while giving the receivers all kinds of cushion and just trying to keep everything in front of them. That works half way decent if your DBs can tackle. Guess what? Ours can't, or just plain refuse to even try. I'm so sick of watching DBs either completely whiff or try to knock someone down with a shoulder instead of wrapping up and driving through a tackle. Their tackling technique is abysmal to completely absent. The only way to counter that is to press, and stick to the receivers hips like glue to make the QB's throwing windows very slim. We aren't doing that. We need new coaches on the defensive side of the ball. And more effort needs to go into ensuring the players are playing with solid football fundamentals in our practices. Sometimes I think we don't ever bother to work on those things that matter the most.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Who to Blame?

I MEAN NO ONE LOVES LOSING MORE THAN COACH.

:pe:

THIS GUY IS THE PROUDEST LOSER I'VE EVER MET.

Blame me. I love losing and my aura projects strongly toward the fortunes of gator football. I fully accept the angry epitaphs flung my way
with furious foam at the mouth gusto. Maybe a banning is in order....................:bananaburn:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Coaches. Players gave what they had, but the coaches recruited half of them. The coaches put them in positions where they can't win - by scheme, or lack of talent to execute. Coaches had 2 weeks to prepare, and gave us repeated long drives and 3rd down bail out plays on defense to go with an offensive opening (scripted my 4$$...nobody scripts TWO FREAKING TIME OUTS) drive that set the tone for our ineffective offense for the day. A lack of offensive play calling ability, given the talent at hand (did we find WR on the bench in the 4Q that we didn't know about earlier?).

I love the kids that give all they have, even when they don't have all that much. I won't blame them for not being better. I blame coaches for not MAKING them better. I blame coaches for not calling plays that can make a difference. I blame coaches for the stupid mistakes, the time mis-management, the lack of situational awareness or adjustment. I blame the coaches.

Ask me again, I'll still BLAME THE COACHES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator