Why don't we keep Muschamp as DC?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n114323 said:
Meyer also kept the interim coach before him on this staff the first year as well at tOSU.

An interim coach is a coordinator that's asked to fill in while they look for a new coach. Not the same as a guy who we've determined is no longer fit for the head man position following a 4 year experiment. Night and from the Osu situation or Orgefon last year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n114342 said:
An interim coach is a coordinator that's asked to fill in while they look for a new coach. Not the same as a guy who we've determined is no longer fit for the head man position following a 4 year experiment. Night and from the Osu situation or Orgefon last year.

Just saying it has happened, not saying the situations are the same.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n114157 said:
We hate HC Muschamp not DC Muschamp.
Let's explore how this might work. The defense would continue to be loyal to Champ so no problem there. I can't believe the offense would have much of a problem adjusting to a new HC. The team is going to have to learn to do things different anyway. So really the only thing that stops this from happening is Champ's pride. But Charlie Weiss and Lane Kiffin took steps down to be coordinators. Why not Champ?
Not that you had much credibility as an intelligent poster but you just lost what little you had.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n114135 said:
Damn.....even the haters had to think for a minute.

i don't hate anymore. Time to move on. Maybe ox can start an All Things Muschamp thread and you guys can live in the past. You guys can tell war stories and talk about the hoola hoop and the Beatles...

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about you guys but I don't care how good of a DC he is it's time for him to move on to somewhere else that isn't located in Gainesville Florida

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n114382 said:
I don't know about you guys but I don't care how good of a DC he is it's time for him to move on to somewhere else that isn't located in Gainesville Florida

agreed

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp loves HIS players and Gainesville ... but not enough to stay.

I did wonder about the "stepping down as head coach" language.

I can't imagine anything like him staying as DC however the romance between Fooely and Chimp seems to know no limits could make the incredible seem possible.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There is no way in hell any legitimate coaching candidate would agree to coach here if a requirement was that Muschamp had to stay on the staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. But nothing Fooley has done with Chimp makes sense.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
And there is no way in hell any man who was any kind of a man would stay at a place that fired him if he had any chance in hell of going someplace else.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n114331 said:
Lets go ahead and bring Meyer in to coach special teams too. That was his baby. So I'm thinking Muschamp DC, Meyer ST, Spurrier OC, and hmmmm...lets say Chip Kelly as head coach. I don't see any issue with that!

Don't forget Tebow. Tebow would probably be the glue for the whole thing.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Loogis;n114178 said:
Talk about dividing a locker room. What incoming HC would sign off on that anyway? There's no way.

Pretty much the issue at hand right there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Congrats on starting the dumbest thread of the day.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator