Why don't we keep Muschamp as DC?

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Since we're paying Muschamp to leave...$6.3M, why don't we keep him as DC for the $6.3M, hire an offensive minded HC? We are already out the money and it would keep Muschamp from going to FSU, USCe, or some other rival. It would keep whatever recruiting nuggets that he had developed.

Then if he said, no, and quit...we keep the $6.3M

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because he signed a contract to be the head coach, maybe?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
he'd never do it and I don't want him around UF.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He wouldn't do it. And his contract is as a head coach. We don't keep the money if he refuses a demotion. It's his. Period.

It's a precedent that's never been set. I'd love to have him as a Dc but it would never work.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We hate HC Muschamp not DC Muschamp.
Let's explore how this might work. The defense would continue to be loyal to Champ so no problem there. I can't believe the offense would have much of a problem adjusting to a new HC. The team is going to have to learn to do things different anyway. So really the only thing that stops this from happening is Champ's pride. But Charlie Weiss and Lane Kiffin took steps down to be coordinators. Why not Champ?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
threatmatrix;114157 said:
We hate HC Muschamp not DC Muschamp. Let's explore how this might work. The defense would continue to be loyal to Champ so no problem there. I can't believe the offense would have much of a problem adjusting to a new HC. The team is going to have to learn to do things different anyway. So really the only thing that stops this from happening is Champ's pride. But Charlie Weiss and Lane Kiffin took steps down to be coordinators. Why not Champ?
Not at the same schools. I highly doubt it's ever happened, and it shouldn't. Did you really want Urban to be associated with the program once WM took over?

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Talk about dividing a locker room. What incoming HC would sign off on that anyway? There's no way.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This wouldn't work. There be a division of loyalty on the team. It would create all types of chaos and division. I've thought the same thing but it's really a ridiculous concept.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the new coach would want the former coach on his staff. That wouldn't divide the locker room at all. :crazy:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would only work if the new coach hired Spurrier as OC.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Just saying, if Jimbo hires Muschamp as DC...we'll have to deal with it for a while. They would be chewing lunch at the beach house

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n114157 said:
Charlie Weiss and Lane Kiffin took steps down to be coordinators. Why not Champ?

Champ will too. Just not at Florida.

Btw, when Weiss and Kiffin did it, they went to a different school.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The main problem would be a split locker room I guess. From the point of view of having a talented staff it makes sense though. I believe USC tried to keep interim HC Ogereon on staff last year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yes, the wisdom says you would have two loyalties but WM made a real point at his presser today he told the team to give the new guy a real chance and show character. He told them JF will bring them a good one.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n114191 said:
The main problem would be a split locker room I guess. From the point of view of having a talented staff it makes sense though. I believe USC tried to keep interim HC Ogereon on staff last year.

Meyer also kept the interim coach before him on this staff the first year as well at tOSU.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
G 2;n114183 said:
I think it would only work if the new coach hired Spurrier as OC.

Lets go ahead and bring Meyer in to coach special teams too. That was his baby. So I'm thinking Muschamp DC, Meyer ST, Spurrier OC, and hmmmm...lets say Chip Kelly as head coach. I don't see any issue with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator