Why Falcons gave Farve away

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I saw a tagline on one of those annoying ESPN sports talk shows that asked...

"Is Brett Favre overrated because of his like-ability?"
And I'm thinking ...who the hell likes Bert Fav-ray?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not the biggest Farve fan, and I do believe he is overrated... but he is also a Hall of Famer.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This morning's paper recounted the super bowl game with the Vikings. The one with the bounty on his head. You know, the one in which Saints were fined for three illegal hits---the one with the ankle twisting that won the game for N O LA. To not like Farve is to dislike courage, indeed to turn your back on manhood itself.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Pretty much everyone but you.

Yeah...I guess I'm the only one. Me and maybe Aaron Rodgers...and Jets fans.
And the thirty eight times he "retired" at the end of a season.
And Jenn Sterger who had to look at his junk while he tried explaining that one to his wife.
I guess that's about it

BrettFavreDouche.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...I guess I'm the only one. Me and maybe Aaron Rodgers...and Jets fans.
And the thirty eight times he "retired" at the end of a season.
And Jenn Sterger who had to look at his junk while he tried explaining that one to his wife.
I guess that's about it

BrettFavreDouche.jpg
Wasn't his wife battling cancer when he pulled his pecker out on that chick?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't his wife battling cancer when he pulled his pecker out on that chick?
yup.

I'm a huge pack fan, but no matter, farve is a grade A douchenozzle for a multitude of reasons. And I thought he was a total prick long before he started his retire/unretired schtick or his womanizing ways went public; many of us packers were not at all surprised. Some people you can just tell are jerks. As a player he was tough and fearless, but also very reckless. For all his TDs and game winning drives he has many more picks, including many game losing ones on that same last minute drive. Does he deserve to be in the HOF? Yeah, he does. But as a person he's probably closer to making the hall of shame than anything else.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
yup.

I'm a huge pack fan, but no matter, farve is a grade A douchenozzle for a multitude of reasons. And I thought he was a total prick long before he started his retire/unretired schtick or his womanizing ways went public; many of us packers were not at all surprised. Some people you can just tell are jerks. As a player he was tough and fearless, but also very reckless. For all his TDs and game winning drives he has many more picks, including many game losing ones on that same last minute drive. Does he deserve to be in the HOF? Yeah, he does. But as a person he's probably closer to making the hall of shame than anything else.

Green Bay fans gave so much admiration and love to this guy, you'd think he would return the favor by leaving the team (QB position ...where he can help) in better shape for the future of the franchise.

Nope:

"So the next quarterback comes in, whether he is a first-round pick or third-round pick or free agent, but they like him. Nowhere does it say that you have to take that guy under your wing and teach him the ropes. You don’t have to do anything but win ball games for whoever it is you are the starting quarterback for."

I would help out.
But I do agree he's an HOF caliber QB.
Kind of an NFL equivalent of a wild west gunslinger.

Oh, and there's this too:

The 1989 Golden Eagles, led Offensively by Brett Favre (Quarterback) and Defensively by Orlando Harris (Linebacker), had one of the biggest upsets of the college football season when they beat the #6 Florida State Seminoles by a score of 30-26

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No point in responding to the haters, but the brain typing is fascinating . This morning's paper said Farve opined that Mississippi must have the most HoF members. Told "No", but that it did "per capita", he said he didn't know what that meant, but it sounded good to him. Different kinds of intellect.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No point in responding to the haters, but the brain typing is fascinating . This morning's paper said Farve opined that Mississippi must have the most HoF members. Told "No", but that it did "per capita", he said he didn't know what that meant, but it sounded good to him. Different kinds of intellect.
I wouldn't call that intellect....simply Mississippi.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Both stupid and gratuitous . You are really dumb beyond hope. Perhaps you can dimly understand why I don't bother with you.
You are a very serious guy. Certainly not trying to run you off as I appreciate your contributions, but have you ever considered that fan message boards are not for you?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Both stupid and gratuitous . You are really dumb beyond hope. Perhaps you can dimly understand why I don't bother with you.
But you did bother?
Maybe it's the Mississippi in you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator