Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because he may not be starting.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
D'eriq King plays the race card.

After transfer and tragedy, D'Eriq King finds his way back onto the field

This is something Eric King made his son keenly aware of early. D'Eriq pays close attention to how Black quarterbacks are debated and dissected, such as how questions about Lamar Jackson's pro future were prevalent in the draft process despite his Heisman Trophy and collegiate accomplishments.

"You gotta do stuff 10 times better to get the same thing that other quarterbacks get," D'Eriq said. "You gotta do interviews different, you gotta talk different, act different, you gotta just be different for guys to think of you as a quarterback."

When Kyle Trask, who backed up King at Manvel High, was offered by SEC power Florida, King was thrilled for him. The two were great friends and remain so to this day. But he also wondered why no blueblood program would take a similar chance on him as a QB.

"I was totally happy for him and I knew he would be good there," King said. "But deep down inside, [I'm thinking], 'What's the point of me going out here and doing everything I can do and I'm not getting the same opportunity as him because I'm not 6-5 and white?' I'm just being honest.

Is Clemson not a blueblood program?

D'Eriq King Recruit Interests

Or cal.. or Washington ...or UCLA.. or Michigan st.. you’re too good for Louisville where Lamar Jackson was tearing it up? Gtfo.. the fact that you’re 5-11 caries much more weight than you being black. Hell FSU’s QB is starting for the 3rd year in a row despite the fact that his name is actually BLACKMAN and he’s effing terrible.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Or cal.. or Washington ...or UCLA.. or Michigan st.. you’re too good for Louisville where Lamar Jackson was tearing it up? Gtfo.. the fact that you’re 5-11 caries much more weight than you being black. Hell FSU’s QB is starting for the 3rd year in a row despite the fact that his name is actually BLACKMAN and he’s effing terrible.
5'9" ish

Changing perceptions
King is listed on Miami's roster at 5-foot-11. In reality he's a sliver below 5-10. But because of plays like this and the fact that he's Black, King has often been painted into the corner of "athlete" first, quarterback second.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That was just an attempt to win back the lockerroom. Probably didn't help that Blackman's only real competition at QB was a white kid named Al Ivesmatter.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hilarious that Orlando looked like this last season

Exactly like that. I was at the ESPN club for the first half of the game and had to leave. Walked back to the Dolphin to finish at the downstairs bar and even had to leave there a few times. I don't do canes fans very well. Neck and neck with uga.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Auburn fans are the easiest to get along with...wish we played them more...then Vandy and UK

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Screenshot_20200910-171955_One UI Home.jpg Shoulda stayed uf

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200910-171955_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20200910-171955_One UI Home.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody buying that there are 13,000 people in the stands at that game? I estimate 5,000 TOPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator