Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n296006 said:
Interesting that all of a sudden, all the sites dealing with Ligandrol have database / connection errors and won't load.
:lol:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1253885876_suicide.gif

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember driving back from a road win at LSU on a total Gator high after beating them in a huge upset on a last second field goal. We stopped in the panhandle to grab a bite and the next thing we know Musburger is on TV telling everyone that Galen Hall had been fired. That was a pretty big rollercoaster too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like this stuff is pretty powerful looking at a bodybuilding forum thread on it.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
The only silver lining I can find in all of this is that at least we found out on a Monday and not a Thursday, so Treon should have plenty of time to prepare with the first team. I think the team will rally behind him, but I don't know if it will be enough. May be another long year for me living in Baton Rouge...

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n295999 said:
The worst day ever was the day that Muschamp got hired.

You mean you're too young to remember TWO years of TV and bowl probation, with all of your opponent's fans treating you like YOU had done the violations (I cannot count how many Doggies here in GA called me a "cheater" - I just told them that I'm proud to be one)? Not to mention the SEC ADs, led by Vince Dooley, taking the hard-fought and hard-won 1984 SEC title away from us (I still have the Coke bottle with it on it)? As a Gator fan and alum, there was NOTHING worse than those two years, NOTHING.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;Id_wIAQO1ig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_wIAQO1ig[/video]

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gator Fever;n296013 said:
Sounds like this stuff is pretty powerful looking at a bodybuilding forum thread on it.

Makes me wonder if he needs this to maintain. What happens to his weight if he stops using this?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n295955 said:
You mean the same morons that are abandoning our backup QB. Treon should quit on this team just like our crappy fans have quit on him.
Acknowledging the fact that he sucks , isn't giving up on him.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
However it went down, as my son says, just no shortage of stupid!

Time for the GATORS to rally behind the next man, and that's Treon. He has 7 starts or so, and we still have good play callers and a solid D. It's the same result
as losing him to a hyper extended PCL like Chubb, just a different way of getting there. We move on. We're bowl eligible right now.

and PS: recruit a QB

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Really pisses me off that FSU plays rapists, women beaters and thieves and our star qb gets suspended for an over the counter...

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n296010 said:
I remember driving back from a road win at LSU on a total Gator high after beating them in a huge upset on a last second field goal. We stopped in the panhandle to grab a bite and the next thing we know Musburger is on TV telling everyone that Galen Hall had been fired. That was a pretty big rollercoaster too.

Yup, 1989. Second worse day as a Gator. But . . . it DID lead to the hiring of SOS. So maybe when SOS left was the second-worse day, and firing of Galen the 3rd-worst. In any case, as long as Treon stays healthy and clean, and, of course, can play, we'll get through this one. No one's taking the six games away, so we're still up in the East until we lose. And even if we lose Saturday night, we're STILL up.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was doing all he could not to totally break down during his brief address to the media. Mac was solid as a rock and I really appreciate the way he's going about handling this. Kid screwed up (similar to Treon) and Mac isn't going to hang him out to dry for it. We're still having an unbelievable season compared to what we expected, so let's put our big boy pants on and see what we can accomplish the rest of the way. Go Gators!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Un-friggin believable. We can't catch a friggin break. Mind boggling on so many levels.

Gatormandan - that avatar is also suspended for one calendar year effective today.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, I'm just hoping this suspension doesn't carry in to next season. If Grier misses the first six games next year, that sucks ass.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n296031 said:
Really pisses me off that FSU plays rapists, women beaters and thieves and our star qb gets suspended for an over the counter...

No one to blame but himself. The trainers are there to test that kind of stuff for the players. What would it have hurt for him to have it tested.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've heard reports of an appeal. Anyone know anything about this process or the likelihood of it getting reduced so that he could at least come back next year and not miss the first 5-6 games. Also, does the suspension mean he can't practice?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n296044 said:
No one to blame but himself. The trainers are there to test that kind of stuff for the players. What would it have hurt for him to have it tested.

Heck, they wouldn't even had to have tested it. All they would have to have done is look at the ingredients.

However, it's just a setback. If Treon does as Mac says he can, and stays healthy and clean, we're still a contender.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n296046 said:
I've heard reports of an appeal. Anyone know anything about this process or the likelihood of it getting reduced so that he could at least come back next year and not miss the first 5-6 games. Also, does the suspension mean he can't practice?

No, he can practice. Coach Mac stated that he will practice with the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator