Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hard to believe that a player would knowingly take roids these days. The way he looked in this presser makes me think he truly didn't vet and know what he was swallowing.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n295958]

It's the "think" that blows my mind. If so, he's apparently much less bright than I imagined. [/QUOTE]
The kid was a 5 star that came in skinny and underweight. He took a redshirt year and I'm positive was under extreme pressure to get his weight up. The quote from Sat. night was from some guy named Joker. (Joker Phillips?) He was here last year probably pushing Grier to gain the weight and advising him on supplements he could take. Joker certainly has motive to turn the guy in as well.

This isnt like hes some freak of nature pushing everyone around because he's gotten bigger and stronger than everyone else. He's a still small 210lb. QB. If you guys think everyone else is clean I've got s bridge to sell you. Quit being so sanctimonious.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n295961 said:
Agree, and it doesn't help that the NCAA lists as banned substances, stuff that I can have shipped to my house overnight after three clicks on the computer.

We don't have to report to the NCAA what we're taking. We can take it and laugh at the NCAA while we're doing it. Will couldn't. He should've brought the full bottle to the medical staff and asked them if anything in the bottle was banned. Then he should've thrown it out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n295950 said:
There are supplements one can take that are legal, but will get a positive test for peds. His story is very likely. This has happened to NFL players. The morons on here throwing Grier under the bus need to get a grip.

You can watch that press conference and tell me that is for sure a kid that just made a mistake? He's guilty as hell, he knows it, and got caught.

Look, I think Grier is a great QB...could have been one of the better ones we've had in this school. But I'm hard pressed to believe Will Grier just took this on "accident."

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors of Will's "demise" vis-a-vis being booted out of UF, never playing again for the Gators, etc, have been greatly exaggerated.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac, still hilarious. The question was; "is there a reason you won't say what it was he was caught with, is that a student privacy issue?"

Mac: "no, it's just I don't know how to pronounce it or what it is."

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n295955 said:
You mean the same morons that are abandoning our backup QB. Treon should quit on this team just like our crappy fans have quit on him.

I am constantly amazed at how much of an emotional mental midget you are. People watch Grier and Harris play the game, and come away with the opinion that Grier is a better QB. Period, dot, end of story. Harris doesn't throw the ball quickly enough and he's not as accurate and he doesn't throw it with as much zip. There is no throwing him under the bus, not one is quitting on him, its just an observation that he isn't as good as Grier and our team isn't as effective on offense with him in there. Hell, you even started an entire thread saying the same things yourself. Despite Harris' multiple suspensions, he has kept plugging along as a good Gator teammate and everyone will be pulling for him to light it on fire going forward.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n295966 said:
The kid was a 5 star that came in skinny and underweight. He took a redshirt year and I'm positive was under extreme pressure to get his weight up. The quote from Sat. night was from some guy named Joker. (Joker Phillips?) He was here last year probably pushing Grier to gain the weight and advising him on supplements he could take. Joker certainly has motive to turn the guy in as well.

This isnt like hes some freak of nature pushing everyone around because he's gotten bigger and stronger than everyone else. He's a still small 210lb. QB. If you guys think everyone else is clean I've got s bridge to sell you. Quit being so sanctimonious.

Don't think Joker was here last year... at least not for long.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I'm trying to think of worse Gator football news I have ever heard. Maybe Spurrier leaving, but that wasn't a complete total shock.

It is so disheartening because I was actually starting to think the UF was going to be REALLY GOOD the next few years and Grier could turn out to be one of the all time greats.

Damn. Just Damn. 6 years or so of trying to find a QB, we find one, and then this.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac: "we will show up, we'll walk out of the tunnel, or I'll pull them out of the tunnel."

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n295962]

In 40 years here, I thought I'd seen and heard everything. Unreal. [/QUOTE]

Really, this is worse than September 1984 in Gator history??? In Gator history, NOTHING is worse than September 11, 1984 (I know the date, b/c my first son was born THAT day - I came home from the hospital, with wife and baby resting comfortably, turned on the ATL local news, and then . . . BOOM, Pell and his many, many, many violations was THE #1 story on the sports). Talk about a contradiction in emotions - a joyous day, and then, with regard to the Gators, a VERY sad and bad day.

Regarding the Gators, and being a Gator, NOTHING was worse than THAT day, and then having to endure the two years that followed that. NOTHING.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n295977 said:
I'm trying to think of worse Gator football news I have ever heard. Maybe Spurrier leaving, but that wasn't a complete total shock.

It is so disheartening because I was actually starting to think the UF was going to be REALLY GOOD the next few years and Grier could turn out to be one of the all time greats.

Damn. Just Damn. 6 years or so of trying to find a QB, we find one, and then this.

Grier was good but he's not the whole team...we will still be on fire Saturday night and thereafter.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what it was? I know kids can order that andro stuff that was banned a few years back from stores right off the internet that converts directly into testosterone right after the liver absorbs it. I have heard a lot of high school athletes have been doing that.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What ever happened to just eating a bunch of meat and potatoes and hitting the f**king weight room?

Mother****** what a dumbass.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This is not much different than UGA watching their heisman RB bend his leg 90 degrees in the wrong direction. We will be okay. Life goes on. next man up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n295984 said:
Really, this is worse than September 1984 in Gator history??? In Gator history, NOTHING is worse than September 11, 1984 (I know the date, b/c my first son was born THAT day - I came home from the hospital, with wife and baby resting comfortably, turned on the ATL local news, and then . . . BOOM, Pell and his many, many, many violations was THE #1 story on the sports). Talk about a contradiction in emotions - a joyous day, and then, with regard to the Gators, a VERY sad and bad day.

Regarding the Gators, and being a Gator, NOTHING was worse than THAT day, and then having to endure the two years that followed that. NOTHING.

The worst day ever was the day that Muschamp got hired.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n295953]We all need to know the details in full, but it doesn't look good, not good at all. And in no way you can compare Harris' use of recreational drugs to another player trying to gain an edge on the field through cheating. It's the worst of the worst. I dare say Grier, even though he may be allowed back, can't come back to the Florida football team if it's found that he intentionally violated the rules in this regard and put the team's season in jeopardy in the process. How can this guy hope to be a leader on this team if he tried to circumvent the rules in this manner? [/QUOTE]

Well they let Harris come back. If it was really an over the counter med as they are saying then clearly it is not illegal. So yes you can compare it. Pot is illegal in Florida, there is no evidence that what Grier did is illegal, just banned by the NCAA. Harris knew his suspension could come just the same as Grier may have known. Harris is doing an illegal drug (even if you disagree), and you can go to jail for having it. Just becasue you like to lite up a joint does not mean one is a better mistake than the other. Clearly Harris did not get caught by the NCAA, just by UF.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n295991 said:
I wonder what it was? I know kids can order that andro stuff that was banned a few years back from stores right off the internet that converts directly into testosterone right after the liver absorbs it. I have heard a lot of high school athletes have been doing that.

Interesting that all of a sudden, all the sites dealing with Ligandrol have database / connection errors and won't load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.