Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
6.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's a zero chance that the Tampa goes for a publicly funded baseball stadium. None. Zilch. Nada. Teachers can't get a raise and Stu is a leech and a Yankees. He can EABOD.

I'm afraid unless he sells, baseball is done in the Bay Area.
You are aware the Hillsborough County Commission arranged purchase of 14 acres in the Ybor-Channelside area for an $800M stadium, of which Steinberg says the club can only afford to pitch in 150M.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You are aware the Hillsborough County Commission arranged purchase of 14 acres in the Ybor-Channelside area for an $800M stadium, of which Steinberg says the club can only afford to pitch in 150M.

Yes. No way do we fund $650 mill. Not gonna happen. Rays can haul ass. I am not alone either.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Yeah, reprehensible though that individual is, I do give him credit for a couple of things. The complete lack of character and class that has been on display at that "school" since, well forever, has found another "champion." And he's also proof of the fact that although you can take the thug out of the hood, you can't necessarily take the hood out of the thug. And before someone gets on the "We've had our problems too soapbox," allow me to point out the extreme differences in the manner in which we handled our situation, compared to how they handled theirs. We basically accepted that last season was going to suck even harder than it would have anyway, and did the right thing by suspending every one of those rectal orifices. We did it because it was simply the right thing to do. I know that others may feel differently, but I hope that none of those guys sets foot on Florida Field ever again. Just my two cents.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. No way do we fund $650 mill. Not gonna happen. Rays can haul ass. I am not alone either.
Hagan is aggressively pursuing it. Time will tell. The team should have been on that side in the first place. At the very least Feather Sound. Downtown St. Pete was a parochial choice and horrible.

Hillsborough has always been the baseball side. Doc Gooden, Derek Bell, Gary Sheffield, Luis Gonzalez, Tino Martinez, Fred McGriff, Wade Boggs. The list goes on and on.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hagan is aggressively pursuing it. Time will tell. The team should have been on that side in the first place. At the very least Feather Sound. Downtown St. Pete was a parochial choice and horrible.

Hillsborough has always been the baseball side. Doc Gooden, Derek Bell, Gary Sheffield, Luis Gonzalez, Tino Martinez, Fred McGriff, Wade Boggs. The list goes on and on.

Political suicide. Stu is a hated man. You'll see. They traded Longo at a really bad time. He was almost worth keeping for the fanbase's sake.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Remember a group of posters who stated before he was drafted who stated he had all the physical tools, but lacked the mental aspect needed for the NFL game. Good Times.

I also remember a few of us posters saying that in addition to his 10 cent head, his physical tools weren’t that great and he’d be an average at best NFL QB, aptly noting that his supporting cast and easy schedule at FSU masked his shortcomings. Looks like we hit the nail on the head.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I also remember a few of us posters saying that in addition to his 10 cent head, his physical tools weren’t that great and he’d be an average at best NFL QB, aptly noting that his supporting cast and easy schedule at FSU masked his shortcomings. Looks like we hit the nail on the head.

I wasn’t yet posting here, but I was sure he didn’t have the focus and work ethic to be a great QB. His physical tools are among the best but not enough at that level.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I wasn’t yet posting here, but I was sure he didn’t have the focus and work ethic to be a great QB. His physical tools are among the best but not enough at that level.

His mechanics in college were not that great. He had a very slow release, a screwed up throwing motion and he dropped the ball too low. Definitely not among the best physical tools. Certainly not worth the top pick in the draft.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
His mechanics in college were not that great. He had a very slow release, a screwed up throwing motion and he dropped the ball too low. Definitely not among the best physical tools. Certainly not worth the top pick in the draft.

I meant physical tools as in size, arm and athletic ability. Winston is a freakishly gifted athlete. Many flaws, but a great athlete. He was drafted #1 on that potential.

Mechanics are coachable and fall into that realm of discipline, devotion to his craft etc. Winston has been ok but he’s not getting better and he’s not driving his team to greatness. The great ones continuously improve. He won’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.