Wisconsin stomps Strong's USF by 7 touchdowns; Kerwin Bell shut out in debut

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Strong is an overrated DC...

I don't want him any where near this program. If Grantham leaves, go out and get someone good and not a retread like Chuckles

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I don't want him any where near this program. If Grantham leaves, go out and get someone good and not a retread like Chuckles

Charlie did a good job for us. Im not saying bring him back but it wouldn't be the worst choice.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Yeah, those MNCs in 06 and 08 could've been won with any DC on the staff.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yeah, those MNCs in 06 and 08 could've been won with any DC on the staff.

Actually quite a few DC could have done that...Chuckles is nothing special. Let's not forget he had unreal level of talent in both of those years....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Actually quite a few DC could have done that...Chuckles is nothing special. Let's not forget he had unreal level of talent in both of those years....
I won't argue with most of that. However... it's one thing to say " I don't want him as head coach." It's quite another to suggest we dare not take him back as a DC... after winning an MNC at that position... twice... Right or wrong, it sounds ridiculous.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Close. It was 7-3. The future Mrs G. went to the rest room at half time and decided to get a coke. By the time she got back it was 21-3 and UT had the ball back. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter @ 35-3. Heard that awful song twice more (along with fireworks going off) in the time it took us to get my car. Have hated that song ever since...

I was there as well, crammed into a row with one extra person so far from the field I think I was closer to the moon than the field.

I will give you a different take on that 2nd half though. Steve pulled Shane when it was, at the time, I thought too early. 21-3 in 3rd as I remember (maybe 28-3, it was 29 years ago). But Kyle Morris came in, threw 2 picks and was absolute garbage. There was never any doubt who should be under center after that game. So in hindsight SOS got the best from that game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a reason it took Bell 100 yrs to get to...let's call it Division I-A. Ugly ugly ugly. USF has some athletes so that just crap football and game planning. Wisconsin watched a lot of film and tendencies. Bell got completely outcoached. Sad.

Would agree with the second half game plan... but in the first half, balls were hitting recievers in the hand and chest and they couldn't catch a cold. They were wide open. USF does have some athletes, but they do not have lines on either side.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Would agree with the second half game plan... but in the first half, balls were hitting recievers in the hand and chest and they couldn't catch a cold. They were wide open. USF does have some athletes, but they do not have lines on either side.

Hmmm. I wonder who recruited most of those upperclassmen...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Same guy who has schitty Lines up north.... WIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEE

Has current recruits at three different schools. Collectively 0-3.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wisconsin is averaging 55 pts through 2 games.......

****Played nobody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator