Wisconsin stomps Strong's USF by 7 touchdowns; Kerwin Bell shut out in debut

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Gators hung tough the first half. I think the score was 3 - 3. Then Dale Carter returned the second half kick-off for a touchdown and it was Rocky Top the rest of the way. I think that's when Spurrier knew what he had to do to get Florida to the top.
Close. It was 7-3. The future Mrs G. went to the rest room at half time and decided to get a coke. By the time she got back it was 21-3 and UT had the ball back. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter @ 35-3. Heard that awful song twice more (along with fireworks going off) in the time it took us to get my car. Have hated that song ever since...

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
First Ox hates Mr.2-Bits. Now he hates Kerwin. Just make this AuburnChatter and get the transformation over with.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There's a reason it took Bell 100 yrs to get to...let's call it Division I-A. Ugly ugly ugly. USF has some athletes so that just crap football and game planning. Wisconsin watched a lot of film and tendencies. Bell got completely outcoached. Sad.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was he ever? I was at that awful beat down in Knoxville his first season, but even then he managed to get a FG. Pretty sure it was their only SEC loss that year.

I was there as well. Thunderstorm and all.

Edit: Nvmd, that was 1992.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Strong can replace Grantham when the pros come calling again

I understand the thought, but I would much rather have Jim Leonard, the UW defensive coordinator. But he would not be a good fit at UF b/c we are not interested in having defenders play sound fundamental defense and not be out of position consistently.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I understand the thought, but I would much rather have Jim Leonard, the UW defensive coordinator. But he would not be a good fit at UF b/c we are not interested in having defenders play sound fundamental defense and not be out of position consistently.
Also wouldn’t be familiar with the recruiting territory - probably our biggest issue right now.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess aka doesn't realize USF has lost 7 games in a row..... Strong's backside is warming up....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think the chances are good he'll be fired at the end of the season, if not sooner.
I hope not. Loved watching him play at UF and would love to see him succeed. Maybe first game sloppy play, but we shall see. Also noteworthy and surprising that Strong's D looked bad. The commentators raved about wiskey's RB, but still surprising he was able to run free so much.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Would literally be the best of best case scenarios.
Yeah, I agree. Grantham could leave for opposite reasons, to the NFL if he has a successful year or to the unemployed line if we bomb. I wasn't exactly buoyed by the tackling against Miami. Then, too, he isn't much a recruiter. Strong is, esp in South Florida.

Re Bell, I'm not ready to jump the guy just yet. New team, new scheme, opening against a P5 opponent. Those all work against him. I want to see a full season's work before I judge him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IDK ... Strong, without a great field general, cannot coach. As HC he should be developing stars, not waiting for them. Who can say Strong can coach anything anymore? I would want some up and comer. As for Bell, give him decent years on the big stage to catch on ... or not.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Didn’t watch the whole game, but the play calling was solid. The execution (either QB decisions or WR hands) was not. This isn’t completely on KB, but he’s got work to do.
He don't have much to work with, in my humble opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator