Won't Back Down 2023

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm probably in the minority here, but I kinda like it. According to my son, the students like it. If he's correct, then I'd say it's here to stay (at least until the woke police go after Tom Petty). Any of you guys with kids at or recently at UF here anything differently from your kids?
also
The Office Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: listen to all the music critics in here :snob:

Every silver lining has a cloud I guess. Geez, the sight of the crowd belting that song out has become one of the greatest sights in college football, and we're talking about composition and energy flow.
We have college kids getting into a song that's 34 years old, but oh no they added some words to the chorus! The horror!

OOOOOOO! AHHHHHHH!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a traditionalist and I like it.

OK, really unpopular opinion incoming...

...I love "We Are The Boys" but having two 4th quarter songs/traditions is too much. It makes me wince to say it, but we should move "We Are The Boys" to the beginning of the second quarter and have "Won't Back Down" stand alone at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

(ducks)

Alex.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

...I love "We Are The Boys" but having two 4th quarter songs/traditions is too much. It makes me wince to say it, but we should move "We Are The Boys" to the beginning of the second quarter and have "Won't Back Down" stand alone at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

(ducks)

Alex.
Why not move We Are The Boys to the 2-minute warning in the 4th quarter? They're taking a TV timeout regardless.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

(ducks)

Alex.
Awkward Cringe GIF by Bounce

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

(ducks)

Alex.

I guess we could do that. Of course, we could also give you a lifetime ban for the mere suggestion, and put a group effort into having you disbarred. Either one really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator