WSJ: Rashada flipped because Miami’s program sucked

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
On a serious note...I find it more than a coincidence that Rashada flipped shortly after AR's big NIL deal was announced. I think it became obvious to Rashada that real NIL opportunities were there at UF where the stands were packed and an abundance of more exposure existed than the empty stands at scUM.

The whole point of NIL was to be supplemental while getting a degree and being developed for potential next level opportunities. It was never supposed to be a one off. Mike Farrell and others have discussed the fact that these kids can’t be so fixated on short term dollars that they cost themselves fortunes in the process, something they said they saw last year with several players. So if someone feels they won’t be developed, won’t be on TV getting recognition, and generally won’t have much success, then all you’re getting is a billionaire waving a check in your face that isn’t completely different than what you could get elsewhere and be much more set for the future. I think that will start to happen with A&M as well.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
The whole point of NIL was to be supplemental while getting a degree and being developed for potential next level opportunities. It was never supposed to be a one off. Mike Farrell and others have discussed the fact that these kids can’t be so fixated on short term dollars that they cost themselves fortunes in the process, something they said they saw last year with several players. So if someone feels they won’t be developed, won’t be on TV getting recognition, and generally won’t have much success, then all you’re getting is a billionaire waving a check in your face that isn’t completely different than what you could get elsewhere and be much more set for the future. I think that will start to happen with A&M as well.
I like that Rashada was getting out of a ***checks notes*** Lamborghini when arriving at The Swamp. That's a good look. :headslap:

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
New fsu commit hopping out of an ‘03 X type in 5…4…3..
episode 2 car GIF

Some things are hard to pass up.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to be depressing seeing how many old farts we have who know who this was. :eek3:
I'm sure most of us are still thankful that Kennesaw Mountain Landis stepped in a saved baseball so whippersnappers like Fingers could get famous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator