Year 3 Fallback

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to non-lurking! It's good here.

Keep in mind, Closet Clown Donk can be both entertaining and a douche at the same time... they are not mutually exclusive.
I wanted to give you a thumbs-up but no way with a clown comment in the post. the rest was good work.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
I wanted to give you a thumbs-up but no way with a clown comment in the post. the rest was good work.
I wouldn't know what to do with a thumbs-up from you anyway, so that works. But you're still my third favorite poster. It's kind of like being third in the SEC East, but better.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I’ve read several times that we are heading for a year 3 fallback of fairly significant size.

Who sees a 6 or 7 win season? Worse?

I see 12-2. But I’m a pumper.

Well, we have a bs non-conference schedule and half or more of the staff should be fired if we lose to Norvell in year 1. That's 4-0.

We shouldn't lose to UK, USCe, or Vandy EVER. Especially, at home with the first two. That's 7-0.

Ole Miss has a new coach and no reliable QB that fits Lane's system imho currently, That's 8-0.

I don't think we should lose to this UT team. That's 9-0.

Joe Burrow is gone, with how many people jack it to "experience" at QB and this game being in the Swamp, that's 10-0.

Mizzou with a new coach coming to Gainesville? Unacceptable to lose here with an inexperienced QB in the Swamp, that's 11-0.

Again, half or more of the staff should be fired if we lose to UGA for a 4th year in a row for the first time in over 30 years. Also, the amount of losses the UGA team has personnel wise, especially IF Fromm leaves for the NFL. That's 12-0.

Now, I don't think I will ever see an undefeated season in my lifetime so I think we lose several we should win. This whole deal obviously has no real analysis on my part other than teams are crappier than us and shouldn't pass us, have new coaches/qbs/both, and we should have an improved oline (fire everyone if not), returning Trask/Jones, still a good stable of RB's, defense shouldn't miss much of a step to be honest, take that as you will.

Seriously, justifying the numbers, based on the circumstances, as we have them today, what team would be an acceptable loss next year?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, justifying the numbers, based on the circumstances, as we have them today, what team would be an acceptable loss next year?
Kintucky, Mizzu, Arky w Burp, Ole Piss on probation, South Alabama are never acceptable losses but they happen about 50% of the time.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well, we have a bs non-conference schedule and half or more of the staff should be fired if we lose to Norvell in year 1. That's 4-0.

We shouldn't lose to UK, USCe, or Vandy EVER. Especially, at home with the first two. That's 7-0.

Ole Miss has a new coach and no reliable QB that fits Lane's system imho currently, That's 8-0.

I don't think we should lose to this UT team. That's 9-0.

Joe Burrow is gone, with how many people jack it to "experience" at QB and this game being in the Swamp, that's 10-0.

Mizzou with a new coach coming to Gainesville? Unacceptable to lose here with an inexperienced QB in the Swamp, that's 11-0.

Again, half or more of the staff should be fired if we lose to UGA for a 4th year in a row for the first time in over 30 years. Also, the amount of losses the UGA team has personnel wise, especially IF Fromm leaves for the NFL. That's 12-0.

Now, I don't think I will ever see an undefeated season in my lifetime so I think we lose several we should win. This whole deal obviously has no real analysis on my part other than teams are crappier than us and shouldn't pass us, have new coaches/qbs/both, and we should have an improved oline (fire everyone if not), returning Trask/Jones, still a good stable of RB's, defense shouldn't miss much of a step to be honest, take that as you will.

The possible upset/trap game to me is Ole Miss. It’s an away game and we seem to have tripped up out there

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The possible upset/trap game to me is Ole Miss. It’s an away game and we seem to have tripped up out there
Normally a problem, but surely not with Shytstain Kiffin.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I know...the feeling is kind of just a hollow despair at this point...you know there’s nothing you can do and you’re helpless to change anything

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator