You cried for Franks for months...

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to see Zaire in there. If we are not going to throw the ball, why not insert a full time running QB?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Lol...seen so many "The next great qb" threads over the years, until they start winning games I don't believe squat. It's all make believe until someone actually does something.

Go Gators

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a lot of people who know basically nothing about football so they think the problem is the QB.

Their opinions arent worth the wasted time spent reading them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a lot of people who know basically nothing about football so they think the problem is the QB.

Their opinions arent worth the wasted time spent reading them.
No one is saying it's only Franks fault, just that he sucks. Saying we would've won with LDR, doesn't mean Mac and Nuss are doing a good job. Maybe some people with reading comprehension issues shouldn't be reading posts to begin with. Maybe they need to ask for a refund from their Hebrew school education.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks may be good one day but he's having a tough time right now. The story goes he didn't have an OC in high school and coach let him do whatever. He apparently learned to play by watching YouTube. He was a major project from the start and clearly struggles reading defenses. Maybe Corral will come in and take hold. Until then we have to weather the storm. That and a new OC is needed desperately...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Maybe they need to ask for a refund from their Hebrew school education.
Ahh yes. Always fall back to your Jew Hatin Heil Hitler ways.

Youre a drunk. You even admit you are a drunk. No one listens to you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OP's right. Franks has too many recognition issues, and his development, or lack thereof, hasn't furthered his cause. I feel bad for the kid that he got stuck in this situation. He may turn out to be better than we think, but it sure as heck isn't happening here.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
News flash! (Surprised I’m the first one to say it.) LDR has a broken collarbone and is out for the season. I don’t think there are many options available to us; might as well see if Franks can grow up this season.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Franks needs a ton of film study and playbook study. He should be able to call the play in the room, then see that play line up and then have to decide if everyone is where they need to be and where they are going once the ball is snapped, what his check downs are and who is most likely to be open and he needs to be able to do that on at least 10 different pass play and different formations. To be honest on Monday and Tuesday he needs to be in the film room as opposed to doing stupid shyt on the practice field. He has the physical abilities but is clearly struggling with the complexity of the game at this level. That should have been happening the day he stepped on campus and maybe it was. If so, and this is as far as he has gotten, forget it but I don't believe that it has.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ahh yes. Always fall back to your Jew Hatin Heil Hitler ways.

Youre a drunk. You even admit you are a drunk. No one listens to you.
Again with your reading comprehension. I never said anything bad about Jews. Unless insinuating you are Jewish is somehow insulting to Jews everywhere, at which point you may have a point. They probably are insulted. So my apologies to them.

And do you really not know the reference alcoholica? I mean you know everything, we can tell by reading your posts. You want to try that one again Goldbergenstein?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, you using Hebrew school, Jewish, and Goldbergenstein as insults is what makes you a nazi. But you have been consistent through the years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
News flash! (Surprised I’m the first one to say it.) LDR has a broken collarbone and is out for the season. I don’t think there are many options available to us; might as well see if Franks can grow up this season.

That's all you can do at this point. Hope this kid is as confident as he appears because it's going to be tested.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, you using Hebrew school, Jewish, and Goldbergenstein as insults is what makes you a nazi. But you have been consistent through the years.
Hahahahahahaha you're AntiFa, everyone is a Nazi. And they aren't insults except to you and your thin skin. Go grab a bike lock you ski mask wearing commie

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The fans asked for a QB. It's year 3 and we've seen 6 different ones play in real games, and 7 if you count the Spring Game. None have been developed properly by this staff.

It has nothing to do with Franks. And while there are probably a few games we would've needed him to actually win it with his arm. Lsu wasn't one of them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh, and another thing: Had we thrown him out there last year like we should have we probably could have learned a lot at that point and not wasted a bunch of time this year.

I've said before that in a weird way, Butch Jones trolled us last year when he lost to Usce the night of our win in Jax. It put us back in the drivers seat for the East, which of course made McElwain think in terms of the presesnt not future. Three road games and one at home against Muschamp which he obviously couldn't afford to lose. Not the ideal setting to roll out a true freshman.

Not saying he would've definitely played Franks, but that ut loss to the gamecocks just sealed the deal on the redshirt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LDR would have had a pick party. He isn't good. Don't blame Franks, blame Mac. Franks was thought to be a project coming out of high school and was committed to LSU. Mac targeted him and flipped him. So clearly he saw something in him, but should have known he was a project. Did he go after any other QB's in that class? I remember going after Eason late but other than that I don't think so (and no I don't count the high school back up who I hope is almost done with his degree because he is about to be "processed"). That's on Mac, he had plenty of time to go after other QB's but didn't. He should have been on Stidham as soon as he announced his transfer and basically waited till the last minute. He ran off Grier. He will never say it publicly but it is so clear that he thought he was going to win titles with LDR which is dummy ****. Only recruiting one QB (Franks) in 2016 is dummy ****. Not going after what looked to be a very accomplished passer in Stidham is dummy ****. Franks is what he is. A lot of physical gifts but not ready for this level. All the blame should be put squarely on Mac.
:exactly:Mac can't keep up with true quality D1 level coaches.....But never did I believe he would get out schemed by a true brain surgeon like The Oger. If he can't keep up how do we expect our players and QB's in particular to keep up with their competition. He has never beaten a team that he has not had a clear talent advantage over....never. He makes the stupidest personnel decisions imaginable,keeping potheads and felons on the team while sending the most talented offensive player Gville has seen in the last 9 years packing for trying to keep his weight up coming off the flu......Oh and people better believe he would keep marching that spoiled f vcking brat LDR out there if the sissy wasn't injured every time he got hit.....

But here's the real kicker....He threw the ball 16 times,.....16 times,....yes, 16 times in a game that we NEVER led.....
And Franks completed 10 of them.....sorry but I refuse to blame this on Franks. I'm not a big fan of any QB on our roster but he was probably better than the kid LSU had out there running a Mickey Mouse H.S. offense.....and yet McButters found a way to lose to that garbage.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You could put Tebow, Danny, Rex, hell, even Spurrier the QB back there with this mentally defective coaching staff and they wouldn't do jack ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.