YouTubeTV drops ESPN/SEC Network last night..any fixes?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
My wife found a 1 month free trial for Hulu with live tv. So far so good, no technical issues.

This tv contract bs is just another reason for Walt to turn over in his grave. His goal was to provide affordable family entertainment and ever since he passed, prices for everything Disney has screamed, “how much can we charge and still get people to pay?”

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife found a 1 month free trial for Hulu with live tv. So far so good, no technical issues.

This tv contract bs is just another reason for Walt to turn over in his grave. His goal was to provide affordable family entertainment and ever since he passed, prices for everything Disney has screamed, “how much can we charge and still get people to pay?”
Link? I've only been able to find a 1 week free trial to Hulu Live, which is what I think you need for the live tv.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I've had FUBO for over 2 years now.
Mainly, I like the free 250hrs. of DVR. Most of the stuff I watch is recorded.
It's a good app for sports programming of all types. I do not have the new "Bally's" access in my lineup and have missed the last two Gator Basketball games. I may see If I can download the Bally's app separate.

I have had a few tech issues over this time but, Their tech support is pretty dang good.

One thing I don't like is the 3 devices only unless you upgrade to another package.
Also, I can take it wherever I go but only If I make sure to sign out ALL devices at my home address, before trying to sign on remotely.
I have 4 Tv's in my house. One in my gym that I just leave signed off.

I have found though, Most streaming apps will restrict you to how many devices you can use at the same time and where you can use them.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I use Hulu Live during football season. No issues.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I have directv stream. It works, has channels I want, and a nice menu overall. Its a few bucks more, but not so much so.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Link? I've only been able to find a 1 week free trial to Hulu Live, which is what I think you need for the live tv.

Hulu with Live TV: More than just Live TV

Wife said the month offer was sent via email (we already had Hulu on demand, no live channels). The free month off might be tied to the fact that we were already Hulu subscribers. Then she said this particular link above is only for a week. I couldn’t follow everything she was saying. She handles all the internet sorcery… Good luck, I hope you figure it out.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just got an email that they reached a deal with Disney.

We’re happy to share that we’ve reached a deal with Disney to return their content to YouTube TV while preserving a $64.99/mo. price for our members. We’ve already started to restore access to Disney networks like ESPN and FX, including their live and on-demand content, as well as any recordings that were previously in your Library. We will also be turning on your local ABC stations over the course of the day. Don’t worry, your personal preferences and recommendations will be just as you left them.

As we promised a $15 discount while the Disney content remained off platform, we will still honor a one-time credit for all impacted Base Plan members.

For active members who have not yet received that $15 discount on their monthly bill, you will automatically receive this one-time credit on your next bill with no action needed. Note that your bill in Settings will not reflect this credit until you have been charged. Members who are in a paused state will receive this credit one month after their first charge. Verizon-billed users will automatically receive this as a one-time discount of $15 on their next bill. After that, the monthly price will revert back to $64.99 for new and existing members.

For any of you who were impacted and have initiated the cancellation process, we will still honor the one-time $15 credit on your bill if you resume your membership before you lose access. Visit tv.youtube.com/membership and click ‘Add’ to return the Base Plan to your membership. Note, you will still see a $64.99 price upon re-activating your membership, but a one-time discount will be reflected in your next bill.

We apologize for the disruption and appreciate your patience as we continued to negotiate on your behalf. We also appreciate Disney's partnership and willingness to work towards an agreement.

As always, thank you for being a YouTube TV member.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Notice to all chord cutters. I predict you'd best become experts at switching. Contracts with content providers will get contentious. Hulu, youtube etc will raise or lower prices as they try to make money, or try to get new customers, or figure you're not paying attention. It'll be a war I tell ya. Meanwhile full cable is trying to grab every penny they can from people who don't want to learn how to cut 'em off. In the long run I think full cable will lose more and more market share and the other guys will start jacking prices. It's the 'merican way.

Switching is not hard. What's hard is figuring out what you get.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just got an email that they reached a deal with Disney.

We’re happy to share that we’ve reached a deal with Disney to return their content to YouTube TV while preserving a $64.99/mo. price for our members. We’ve already started to restore access to Disney networks like ESPN and FX, including their live and on-demand content, as well as any recordings that were previously in your Library. We will also be turning on your local ABC stations over the course of the day. Don’t worry, your personal preferences and recommendations will be just as you left them.

As we promised a $15 discount while the Disney content remained off platform, we will still honor a one-time credit for all impacted Base Plan members.

For active members who have not yet received that $15 discount on their monthly bill, you will automatically receive this one-time credit on your next bill with no action needed. Note that your bill in Settings will not reflect this credit until you have been charged. Members who are in a paused state will receive this credit one month after their first charge. Verizon-billed users will automatically receive this as a one-time discount of $15 on their next bill. After that, the monthly price will revert back to $64.99 for new and existing members.

For any of you who were impacted and have initiated the cancellation process, we will still honor the one-time $15 credit on your bill if you resume your membership before you lose access. Visit tv.youtube.com/membership and click ‘Add’ to return the Base Plan to your membership. Note, you will still see a $64.99 price upon re-activating your membership, but a one-time discount will be reflected in your next bill.

We apologize for the disruption and appreciate your patience as we continued to negotiate on your behalf. We also appreciate Disney's partnership and willingness to work towards an agreement.

As always, thank you for being a YouTube TV member.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team
Thanks for the update, Z!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Disney had the leverage. YouTube TV subscribers were scrambling to find an alternative service and some, such as here, were finding good choices.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just got an email from YouTubeTV - deal reached.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait. You’re linking the same thread. This may be the first MOM of a MOM in recorded history.
Catch up.....If you click on the link it will take you to Zambo's post about his email from YouTube says that it was over, posted 4 hours earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator